• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a further shock to the system, the Winter Recovery thing even includes the RAC.

The gritter lorries are ace too, patricularly the Scottish ones gritting roads no sensible person would use in the fecking summer let alone with 3 or 4 feet of snow and a large drop to the side of the road down the mountain if you get it wrong.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      In a further shock to the system, the Winter Recovery thing even includes the RAC.

The gritter lorries are ace too, patricularly the Scottish ones gritting roads no sensible person would use in the fecking summer let alone with 3 or 4 feet of snow and a large drop to the side of the road down the mountain if you get it wrong.
      I'll add it to the list

Viewing tonight has been more Trucking Hell just for a change

Another early night now, though at least the time changes here and on the other side of the world mean tomorrow morning's Zoom call is at the marginally more civilised time of 9:30am

Goodnight all

Comment

Roast beef for lunch. With yorkshire puds. I'll probably make a chicken curry this morning as well - for tomorrow lunch - as a friend has invited himself round.

Just booked our Ascension holiday - Ascension Thursday (13th May this year) is always a public holiday, so we're making it a long weekend in Graubunden (Grissons), in the Eastern Swiss Alps. I hope the weather will be good so we can hike. Back on the Monday just in time for granddaughter's 1st birthday.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy, dry, chilly. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like; 4) and the forecast high is 14 with the sun coming out. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1028 mBar.

Having a coffee while waiting for the Ocado delivery to arrive sometime in the 9 o'clock hour. Then a faff about the flat, then off at 1 pm (assuming I can get the car started) to pick up HWMBO on completion of the course he's been delivering this weekend.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          The Beatles set a record by occuying the top five places in the American charts 1964

Comment

Ocado arrived 10 minutes early. Lovely cheerful gentleman.

Although the number of times he called me 'miss' I did wonder if it was code for telling a sniper they hadn't hit their target

Comment

Morning denizens

Hastily guzzling a piece of buttered wholemeal toast before the family Zoom call

Sunny out, though the weather app is talking of "haze", wherever that may be; 5°C but aiming for 15° this afternoon, 1017/1025mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cold. 16.9 deg in here. Brrrr.

1028 mBar, in Hg, 55% RH.

Sunday.

Everything shut around here so no Sunday shop today.

<hiatus>

Walk walked to the viewlesspoint again.

Memo to self: remember to turn the oven down before going on the walk.

Touch of allergy detected.

Roast Chicken with bacon & sausages rather over cooked.

I've never made gravy quite that colour before.

And that was after decanting some of the really dark stuff off down the sink.

Lunch: roast chicken with bacon & sausage, good in parts. , a corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Police Interceptors: this one has a member of the northern caliphate doing 106 mph on the M62 uninsured in a rental, apparently his kids were off to Pakistan in the morning.

More joy, this time with 4 up in an uninsured untaxed car with no MOT.

In fact I think I've seen that one before, which is odd because I haven't seen the rest of it before.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 89% (there was a very hard one slipped in), running average 84% (83.7 something).

Tea: Heinz potato and leek soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 2 x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And an easter egg donated from next door since I wouldn't dream of buying chocolate for myself: no self control whatever.

Entertainment: "Hannibal (2001)" with Sir Anthony Hopkins yet again, this one is apparently the weakest of the three.

It was amusing enough in a particularly gross sort of way.

Now watching the Jodie Foster commentary on "Contact".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 April 2021, 20:36.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The cloud has mostly cleared and there's now blue sky with bits of fluff.

Comment

Zoom call done. My parents failed in their constant uphill struggle with technology, so weren't able to join us

And I have no idea why people veered off into a discussion of that actress from Suits and her husband for the last five minutes. It's not as if any of us even know them

Comment

By the way, if you're expecting Monkey Life to be on this afternoon as usual, too late: you're already missing it. On the bright side, there's an extra hour of it today

Comment

Working...
                      X