• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear, bright, and warming nicely.

Another couple of episodes of "Unforgettable" ticked off last night. A bit samey as mentioned previously, but I'll struggle through. I feel that the "skinny redhead" lead deserves the attention. Especially when her US accent slips back into her native Sydneysider.

Top tip: back up you phone's SD card regularly.

I feel that it's going to be a rather frustrating day.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Sunny dahn sarf with a bit of a breeze. Butterflies playing in the bushes. Feeling inspired by LM to look at holidays. My next weekend away is Birmingham which really doesn't cut it. Mr ms attended his driver re-education camp this morning. He excelled in the role as teacher's pet by being the only attendee to correctly get all the speed limits right. So that was nice for him.

Comment

Lunch: roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

For those wandering the airwaves looking for something to watch, Talking Pictures TV this afternoon at 16:00 is showing the excellent British sci-fi film The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961). Noteworthy in several ways, including being partly filmed in the newsroom of the Daily Express with the editor played by Arthur Christiansen, who actually was the editor thereof from 1933 to 1957

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Mr ms attended his driver re-education camp this morning. He excelled in the role as teacher's pet by being the only attendee to correctly get all the speed limits right. So that was nice for him.
          Yet he still got caught.......
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Adiós from London

It was 17 degrees and a light drizzle when we landed at 0800. Currently cloudy but interesting clumps.

Now awaiting our departure to Philadelphia.

eek i meant to send you info but the LPGS made me forget.

Comment

Group walk with bunch of old lady ratbags this morning.

Doing a website for local history group. Keeps the mouldy old brain going.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight I am going to see 2001 A Space Odessy in a local cinema. I bought it on blu-ray years ago (pin sharp) and my kids suddenly understand every film reference since 1968...

Water temperature

Birs 22.5 °C
                Rhein 23.9 °C

Temperature 28.2 °C
                Sunshine 10 of 10 min
                Precipitation 0 mm/h
                Wind speed 18 km/h
                Wind direction W
                Wind gusts 36 km/h
                Relative humidity 39%
                Pressure 978 hPa
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tea has been meatballs in gravy with chips

It was a Dutch-influenced gravy, in that it was seasoned with a selection of spices roughly along the lines of those commonly found in vleeskruiden. Recipe needs a bit of tweaking, but it came out very nicely for a first attempt

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Tonight I am going to see 2001 A Space Odessy in a local cinema. I bought it on blu-ray years ago (pin sharp) and my kids suddenly understand every film reference since 1968...
                    Cinema only had 3 seats free. Everyone left grinning. Those who'd seen it before grinning looking at those who hadn't seen it before grinning in total bemusement. A great evening.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nothing as august as 2001 on the telly here. I must watch it some time; I saw it once many years ago, but only on an SD telly

The opal hunters had varying fortunes including the traditional equipment failures, but some did OK.

Later, a new thing from C4 about the West Midlands Police Drone Unit, that now being a thing, it seems

And in between, a bit of tinkering with the SwiftUI app

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X