• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

So it begins…
    Not forgetting the Orca attacking ships off Spain & Scotland, and the dolphins attacking swimmers in Japanese waters.

Doomed etc.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I wish! At least then I'd get paid while away!

OM.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 July 2023, 07:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start and signs of overnight rain, with more predicted for this morning. Currently 13°C, and no more than 18° expected, while the barometers are up at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not forgetting the Orca attacking ships off Spain & Scotland, and the dolphins attaching swimmers in Japanese waters.

Doomed etc.
        And the sea otters stealing people's surfboards and going surfing on them: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66182428

Attacked from sea and air! What next, giant worms?

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of June 2019 it was hot, Diver was using the ceiling fan in the bedroom to keep cool and was very pleased with his new made to measure waders, while NF was watching "Contraband" & finding it pleasing.

Still raining.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of not very toasted toast, 0.91*1.54 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about degree courses & universities <click>.

Replaced by The Infinite Monkey Cage from June 2013 about Space Tourism with Brian "Gordon's Alive!" Blessed talking about going to Mars and some oik from Virgin Galactic waffling on about how they're going to launch fee paying space tourists within a couple of years. . That prediction turned out well. .

Freecell score: 84%, running average: 85%. It's better to quit while you're ahead.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E17. Rory.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Colonel March of Scotland Yard: the one about the ex monk poisoned by an evil cafe owner.

Scotland Yard "Murder Anonymous": who murdered the evil philanderer? Featuring the Right Honourable Sir Travers Humphreys P.C. (which explains the P.C. in the credits). I'd have said it was justifiable homicide but there you go. Ewen Solon who wasn't playing Sgt Lucas but rather Inspector Conway.

The Four Just Men S1 E1: "The battle of the bridge". How it all started.

Joy of Painting Not on today.

The Human Jungle "Struggle for a mind" with that Joan Collins who made the mistake of appearing with The WWWC in "The City on the Edge of Forever" which didn't end well for her.

Maigret and the headless corpse S2 E1. More subtitled goodness.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 July 2023, 18:53.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all (local time 1111)

Sunny, no cloud. Currently 29 degrees ('feels like' 32) with a high of 32 expected.

Sore head today. Had a lovely meal out with our fellow travellers and then onto a cocktail bar. We have a late check out time of 2pm so no rush to be up and lively. Off to Helsinki this evening.

I am not on FB, having quit that many years ago. I am on Instagram though but not as ladymuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all (local time 1111)

Sunny, no cloud. Currently 29 degrees ('feels like' 32) with a high of 32 expected.

Sore head today. Had a lovely meal out with our fellow travellers and then onto a cocktail bar. We have a late check out time of 2pm so no rush to be up and lively. Off to Helsinki this evening.

I am not on FB, having quit that many years ago. I am on Instagram though but not as ladymuck.
              Good luck with that flight - arriving in Helsinki always threw me because the extra hour time difference means you always arrive after midnight and it always threw me.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Black suit arrived from M&S. It seems to fit, so that's one less thing to worry about

I've got a dark grey one, but I'll be a pall bearer this time so black is of the essence, really.

Now to find the black formal shoes. IIRC I uncovered three pairs of these when moving, each of which had been worn once for a funeral or wedding, then couldn't be found in time for the next occasion. I know they're all here somewhere, but have no idea where. Ah well, they'll turn up if I keep dithering around for long enough; it's not exactly Woburn Abbey in here

Black belt found too, and several black ties to choose from, for the same reason as the shoes.

Comment

<- NF

Thank god for M&S at times like this - can be counted on at all times of the year.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    <- NF

Thank god for M&S at times like this - can be counted on at all times of the year.
                    Indeed! Pretty sure all of the shoes, belts, and ties came from there too, hastily purchased the day before the occasion for which they were required

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Good luck with that flight - arriving in Helsinki always threw me because the extra hour time difference means you always arrive after midnight and it always threw me.
                      We arrive at something like 0145 and the Finnair Platinum Wing lounge doesn't open until 0500 or maybe 0530.

Comment

Working...
                      X