• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a nice, relaxing Radox bath

It's been raining off and on all day here. The trees will be enjoying it

Comment

Tea has been the last of the chicken scouse out of the freezer, with a couple of bits of white bread

Comment

Managed to overcome the procrastination and fill up the green bin. Much of it was taken with next door's Yucca which appears to have deposited its entire foliage into our garden (either that or they chucked them over the fence but they're too nice for that). I found an old cast iron BBQ underneath the overgrown bushes but it had rusted beyond recognition so is now sitting on the driveway hoping someone will decide to retrieve it for scrap metal. There is now nearly a big enough clear space for a shed, but I don't really know how you go about getting a shed and getting the ground ready, so no doubt will procrastinate long enough for it all to get overgrown again.

Dinner was pie and chips from the chippy as I am suffering with a severe dose of CBA.

Comment

There was the usual US border stuff and New Zealand cops earlier today. And this evening, it turns out there's a NEW! season of 24 Hours in A&E that started last week, still coming from QMC Nottingham

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out for a change. Currently 13° and getting up to 20° later, while the barometers are heading up at 1003/1010mB. Not windy or rainy either

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Managed to overcome the procrastination and fill up the green bin. Much of it was taken with next door's Yucca which appears to have deposited its entire foliage into our garden (either that or they chucked them over the fence but they're too nice for that). I found an old cast iron BBQ underneath the overgrown bushes but it had rusted beyond recognition so is now sitting on the driveway hoping someone will decide to retrieve it for scrap metal. There is now nearly a big enough clear space for a shed, but I don't really know how you go about getting a shed and getting the ground ready, so no doubt will procrastinate long enough for it all to get overgrown again.

Dinner was pie and chips from the chippy as I am suffering with a severe dose of CBA.
              Pretty sure CUK has a number of resident shed experts who can advise. It definitely has a number of pie and chips experts, though I don't expect you need any advice in that department

Comment

Morning.

Monday. .

Damp.

Grey.

Wanly sunny in parts.

Cool in here at 19.3 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.68 Torr, 14.67 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine shining away quite brightly.

Meanwhile on the 28th of June 2019 there were more posts from Diver with details of his work on his camper van.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The idea of doing the washing is on hold due to inclement weather.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices on not so toasted toast, red corner yog since the price has gone down again to more reasonable levels, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Freecell score whilst looking out of the window to check the weather: 100% (of 11), running average: 85%.

Tea: Mr Brains' faggots with peas, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*.157 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Cottons & smalls in off the line & iRoned where necessary, now airing upstairs.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage: Glastonbury: The Quantum Cosmology one.

Joy of Painting. particularly strong in that one.

Joy of Painting. A seascape, they're never very for some reason.

Weatherman Walking: the Elan Valley: last in the series.

NCIS S19 E21 "Birds of a feather". Season finale. And a cliffhanger. Oh fecking good.

Car SOS finished last week with the electric MGB.

Skin A&E.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2023, 21:18.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all, Malaga calling, local time 1019

Sunny with chunks of fluff. Currently 27 degrees ('feels like' 31) with a high of 31 expected.

Arrived late, due to a late departure. Met up with some of the people we'll be travelling with for dinner. The restaurant were very accommodating considering there were 5 of us on the same late arriving flight and we got to the restaurant an hour late. Lazy day today before we start the trip proper tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, Malaga calling, local time 1019

Sunny with chunks of fluff. Currently 27 degrees ('feels like' 31) with a high of 31 expected.

Arrived late, due to a late departure. Met up with some of the people we'll be travelling with for dinner. The restaurant were very accommodating considering there were 5 of us on the same late arriving flight and we got to the restaurant an hour late. Lazy day today before we start the trip proper tomorrow evening.
                    I'm beginning to suspect that you're really an agent with the Impossible Mission Force and all these supposed holidays to foreign climes are cover for various improbable confrontations

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm beginning to suspect that you're really an agent with the Impossible Mission Force and all these supposed holidays to foreign climes are cover for various improbable confrontations
                      I wish! At least then I'd get paid while away!

Comment

Working...
                      X