• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas for tea. Very tasty indeed

It was supposed to be grey but it's a nice sunny evening out now, with Simpsonesque cloud formations adorning the heavens

Comment

Good afternoon all, Calgary calling, local time 1544

Cloudy yet sunny. Currently 24 degrees and starting to cool off.

I was hoping to be in San Francisco but we missed yet another connection. Our flight from Edmonton to Calgary was late and we missed the flight to San Francisco. WestJet rebooked us onto a flight leaving tomorrow which I refused to accept. Eventually they offered us a flight via Seattle that will get us to our destination close to midnight tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I was hoping to be in San Francisco but we missed yet another connection. Our flight from Edmonton to Calgary was late and we missed the flight to San Francisco. WestJet rebooked us onto a flight leaving tomorrow which I refused to accept. Eventually they offered us a flight via Seattle that will get us to our destination close to midnight tonight.
        You're not having much luck with the planes this trip

Comment

The opal hunters had their usual varying luck, some of them getting very lucky indeed

And then Secrets of the London Underground was particularly good, involving a trip to British Museum station, which nowadays can only be accessed by walking along the Central Line from Holborn. And it also featured the facade in the grand terrace of Leinster Gardens concealing a ventilation shaft from the days of steam, which is always a popular favourite

And between times, I got in a bit more messing around with SwiftUI, which mainly served to guide me in what I need to read up on next to be able to do what I'd like to do

Finally to bed to finish off Sam's diary for January 1667, at the end of which he was bemoaning the fact that he hadn't made any more than his salary, none of his multitude of side hustles (which nowadays would be considered blatant corruption and/or diversion of public funds, but were then accepted practice) having yielded anything that month

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You're not having much luck with the planes this trip
            Well at least we're not the only ones. We are part of a wider group doing the to/from Europe parts and some are currently having fun with the weather in NY.

Comment

Evening all, Seattle calling, local time 1958

Clear sky with lumps of fluff. 21 degrees.

We are here until 2145 when head off to San Fransisco. Currently sat in the Delta lounge (accessible with Amex Platinum if you're flying with Delta) although some say the Amex Centurion lounge is better. We may pop in there too.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, though it's expected to cloud over later and start raining from teatime onwards. Currently 14°C with a predicted high of 20°, and the barometers are trivially up at 1001/1008mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Nearly crippled today having done Too Much Gardening yesterday.

Dry (currently).

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.6 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 756.1 in Hg, 14.62 Torr, psi, (down from 1009 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 it was hot.

Entertainment: Reflections: Ken Clarke. Living on the edge: Portrush. Attack Warning Red! Bunkers for them, nothing for us.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of not so toasted toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about bingo. TWATO.

House roughly vacced with the orange vax, which, I discover, take a kW. Time to find something cheaper to run. .

Trucking Hell S3 E4. No Rory. The one with the portacabin lifted by crane coz the gate wasn't wide enough to fit it through.

Tea: soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Some poor bastard wrongly imprisoned for 17 years for a rape he didn't commit.

Made in Britain: Cross & Blackwell soup, pool tables, the last tv maker in the UK: Cello, making silk ties: oh look, punched cards? er, no. Dye the fabric and then screen print. I suppose a jaquard loom that size would be difficult to make.

Joy of Painting very

Joy of Painting . until the last 10 minutes. Where did that cabin come from?

Bad Skin Clinic. Repeat.

Dr Pimple Popper. Drag Queen with steatocystoma multiplex: WTF did he have on his head FFS?. Lady with melasma: upset there's no instant cure but the pill helped a lot. Woman with 7 cysts.

Skin A&E. S4 E7. I suspect I've seen much of this previously.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 July 2023, 07:58.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I managed to be moderately productive earlier today until I got sidetracked by things like having to email a supplier, having to discuss what other people ought to do and how, and looking at somebody else's bug. Ah well, it still counts as productive in the wider context and, most importantly, is billable time

Lunch, which now seems a long time ago, was slices of chicken bread in sweet chilli sauce. This would normally be two days' worth, but it Needed to be Eaten™ so I had the lot; some in the last of the white baps, and the rest in a slice of wholemeal

I'm completely out of baps or cobs of any kind now, save a single burger bun, so I must remember to get some when I go shopping

Comment

Morning all, San Francisco calling, local time 0907

Partly cloudy but dry. A chilly 14 degrees at present with a high of 17 expected.

We arrived close to 1am and our biggest happiness so far is that the room has a Nespresso machine so we can relax with a decent cuppa in bed this morning. The hotel includes cable car tickets so, if the line isn't too long, we hope to go and see that wiggly road and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X