• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 32 forecast. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Rubbish sleep, knackered this morning. Much coffee required.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 17 August 2022, 06:49.

Comment

31.3oC outside, 24.8oC inside.

The WifeTM is planing to make fig chutney with the 2kg of fruit we've picked off the tree in the last couple of days, as there's only so many you can eat safely.
      Probably need to start doing green apple chutney as well, since we're losing them at a rate of knots.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lunch: corned beef butties made with seedy bloomer, accompanied by a bag of plain crisps

Bit hot again. I've kept the curtains drawn, as it seems to help a little
        Lunchtime status: same as yesterday

Comment

hot!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In the midst of work, of which there was more than I would have wished, I found time to get the mundane laundry done

Wouldn't be surprised if it's already dry - it's 27.8°C in here

Comment

Tea has been the reheated remaining leg and wing of the Big Chicken, with chips and lashings of ketchup

Comment

The car earlier was a 2CV from 1958, and they did a very good job on it. It's taxed until October, and is too old to have any MOT records

I'd seen this one before though, a few months ago, so maybe the carousel has come full circle

And later, the last of the motorway programmes - the non-police one - so that's that out of the way. And then the remaining fifteen minutes or so of an old 24 Hours in A&E that I hadn't finished the other night

After this morning's early start in pursuit of a haircut, I reckon it behoves me to get an early night. If I wake early enough tomorrow - and the warm nights do seem to cause me to wake up earlier - then I might try to squeeze the shopping in first thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes, but I'm not heading to Sainsbury's early after all, as the Toyota's slightly dodgy wheel has a tyre pressure a little lower than I'd like and I feel it would be pretty antisocial to start running a compressor beneath people's bedroom windows at seven in the morning. So I'll start work a bit earlier than usual and take an early lunch break instead, as I often do

It's ominously sunny again, already on 14°C and threatening us with 32° later, though the barometers are pretending nothing's going on by falling to 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 32 expected. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Was rudely woken at 0530 by a bin lorry servicing the school over the road (aren't they shut for holidays? ). Managed to doze off but woke again at 0700. Decided to get up as I have much to do today and maybe doing it while it's not so hot is a good thing. Put a load in the WM, which I hear is just going onto its spin cycle - that'll be dry by lunchtime, I suspect.

Disturbed sleep, some coughing, some mulling over stuff.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 17 August 2022, 06:50.

Comment

Om.

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Warmish in here at 22.4 deg.

CBS.

1014.5 mBar, 29.958 in Hg, 760.937577 Torr, 14.714 psi, (untapped last night), 70% RH.

Friday.

Shirts in the WM.

Order of works is changed this week in an experiment.

Which posting has returned me to 26th November 2018 wherein I was referring to the slowness of some film called "Thunder Run" of which I have no recall whatsoever, whilst NF was watching "Alien (1979)" specifically not the Director's Cut.

In addition it was Very Wet, with the Esteemed Customers opting not to bother walking down to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde in Ye Docks which was extremely sensible.

What sort of idiot thinks that's a good place to put a university? Oh. Curly. That idiot.

Shirts out of the WM & drying On The Line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned.

Cottons drying on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM.

Smalls hanging on the line, including the ragged ones.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sanwiches, a non corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: was R4 programme which I found distasteful so it went click.

Thing about Warner Brothers on Sky Arts.

A film which is listed in the EPG as Monte Walsh (2003) but which appears to be McKenna's Gold.

It starts with a song over the credits which is Never A Good Sign. . Ah, yes, Gregory Peck has just appeared so Monte Walsh it ain't.

Towels in off the line resembling sandpaper, pillow cases iRoned.

Bedsheets in the WM since it's drying so well.

Bedsheets out of the WM & drying on the line.

Smalls & remaining towels airing over the banisters.

Bedsheets off the line and airing over the banisters.

Tea: breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Salvage something or other: Rover P6 2200SC resto: nice job.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E5 Maserati 3200 whatever that is: overcomplicated. What's wrong with a bowden cable? Bah fecking humbug.

About 20 minutes of Alias S4 E9 "A man of his word": Alvin isn't happy his daughter's been shot.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Thing about "The Good Life" on 5.

"I dream of wires" on Sky Arts: a documentary about modular synths which manages to ignore anything that happened in the UK and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2022, 21:50.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X