• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    pali
    Nice pali!

Comment

Lunch was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Very Simpsonesque out but also a bit warmer than there's any need for it to be

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner, and was exceedingly nice

Feels like it's been a while since I had one those. Probably not that long really though

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yet another old 24 Hours in A&E with dinner

And then the opal miners, who had their usual mixture of luck

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I had a very unsettled night's sleep, which I think was due to the bedroom being too hot for any covers, yet not hot enough for no covers. So I was constantly waking up to either push them away or pull them back, all while plagued by quite vivid but not very pleasant dreams, none of which I can remember now so I don't even get an Oscar-winning movie script out of the deal

It's starting sunny again out there, albeit filtered very slightly by high-level haze. Already up to 18°C with 29° on the cards; the barometers are up a bit at 1022/1030mB

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Yet another old 24 Hours in A&E with dinner

And then the opal miners, who had their usual mixture of luck
                  Wot? No XR2? .

Morning.

Dry. Oh so very dry.

Sunny. Very very sunny.

A sky so blue.

Not so cool as yesterday at 20.1 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1023 last night), 70% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Whereas back in the 25th of November 2018 I was stressing about finding the "Ebenezer" dvd whilst NF had found some gingernut biscuits he'd forgotten about.

While in Real Time, on "The Long View", the incompetent blustering fool Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, is shouting his unpleasant lying mouth off, as per usual.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Seemed a bit close today.

TV Times purchased. Was amazed to see that the Radio Times is now £3.80. WTF would pay that? I wonder how my graph of the price of RT against time looks now.

The slope became a lot steeper once the BBC sold it off. The increases of 3p and 5p suddenly became 10p and 20p and much more regular.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans (well it keeps I regular, like, and is actually less windy than yesterday's effort), a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Today saw the Final Cup of Nescafe Blend 37 Coffee as left to me by Strangelove Pater: BBE 04/2016.

How I'll cope without the caffeine fix is anyone's guess.

The XR2 thing led to an extended perusal of Pistonheads.

Due to the unpleasant inclemency of the weather, it was too hot for gardening thusly:

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%: proving in turn that it was too hot for Freecell too.

Tea: breaded haddock (overcooked), peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until it pissed me off.

Salvage Hunters: a Morris Mini Cooper and a Porsche 928 that had a mouse's nest in the dash which didn't do the wiring a power of good.

The Mini went for £11k, dunno what the 928 went for, I don't think they said.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E2 Porsche 993: apparently the last of the aircooled 911s. I love the "I'm sorry Sir, that £50 part isn't available, you have to buy this fecking big chunk of metal for £600 instead" attitude. Another car I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

Alias S4 E4 "Ice": the frozen people one.

Alias S4 E1 "Authorised Personnel Only Part 1" Commentary. Quite funny.

The Rookie S2 E3 "The bet". The law of unintended consequences.

Alias S4 E2 "Authorised Personnel Only Part 2" Commentary. Oddly Garner had to leave halfway through to finish filming S4 E22.

Alias S4 E4 "Ice" Commentary. Producer commentary. Not inneresting.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2022, 22:32.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with occasional bits of fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

Had a fun evening out yesterday. HWMBO and I travelled to Reading for dinner and cocktails with the lovely MS. Getting home was a challenge and a half. There was a trackside fire around Slough so all trains stopped for hours and we finally got home at 01:10 by getting a train to Paddington and then a taxi back to Ealing.

Comment

Morning all

Low tide is in about an hour, so we (The DogTW , The WifeTM, and I) went for an early walk along the beach. Almost deserted, apart from dogs swimming and dog owners paddling or throwing balls into the crystal clear warm waters of the bay.

Nice way to start the day.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X