• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all, Edmonton calling, local time 1920

Sunny with some cloud. Currently 26 degrees (it was about 30 earlier). Some thunderstorms forecast this evening.

Tired ?

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Sunless.

Slightly less cool in here at 19 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (up from 997.5 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 LM's HWMBO was cooking rabbit (<sing> Briiiiiight Eyeeeeees </sing>) whilst I was cooking beef, BR14 was railing against horse dung being left on the bend of a road (presumably causing him to fall off his motorbicycle) and Original PM was hung over.

No confusion over NF's viewing since on the afternoon of 30th June 2019 he made no comment thereon, or on anything else as it transpires.

Trying without any success to remember some distopian tv prog from ?1980s? where this chap's daughter is on death row for a terrorist attack against the EUSSR (or somesuch), it featuring "Bright Eyes" by Art Garfunkel since this was her favourite song when she was a little girl.***

Then again it took me ages to find out that "The Year of the Quiet Sun" by Wilson Tucker was the book I remembered rather than "Millennium Man" by Ben Bova. Then again I've been searching for a short story involving a postman from Hiroshima who was timeshifted to the middle ages without any success.

It's the result of a misspent spacecadet youth reading SF.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, during which it failed to rain on me, which was good.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of not very toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The food programme: Ultra processed foods, they're not good for you, who'd have thunk?

TWTW: tedious crap about the Spanish election <click>

Gardener's Question Time. (deperation whilst doing the dishes).

The Long Road to War (last bit of Part One): WWI, or the Great War as it was known before 1939.

The Long Road to War (part two). Amazingly enough, there's no mention of that Hitler chap, just Little Willie et al. Ah. It's a Serbian production.

And what's with having a bird on your pickelhaube? Did they get the idea from Tonto?

Highway Cops. Seen these before.

Tea: I had something for tea, now what was it? Oh yes: chilli con carne with rice, 1st portion, nice enough & roughly the right sort of heat, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Joy of Painting. Lots of in this one, black canvas again, very colourful.

Joy of Painting. Some in this despite it being Bob's son.

NASA's unexplained files: some unidentified & very fast object on a possible collision course with the ISS, sufficient for the crew to shelter in the return capsule just in case. It (whatever it was) passed within a mile or so. 16/7/15.

Moonrock scam: tracking down & recovering the samples of moonrock donated by Tricky Dicky back in the 70s.

Chap goes blind on a spacewalk due to tearing up: turns out to be due to the antimist treatment inside the helmet.

Ball lightning: still a mystery.

Hole in space: the unexpectedly abrupt edge to the Kuiper belt, possibly planet X.

Explosions over Russia: night sky lights up red, & a couple of months later lights up blue: cause: unknown.

American Book of Secrets: plagues viral & plagues bacterial. Last one judging by the EPG.

A Spy amongst Friends E3. Is our Kim a triple?

Retro Electro Workshop: the electronics version of The Repair Shop without the tears. Boring. Won't bother again.

***Found it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217292/?ref_=ttep_ep2

"Play for Tomorrow": "Bright Eyes".

http://numinousbookofreview.blogspot...-bbc-1982.html
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 July 2023, 08:49.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy day out, and breezy too. Quite mild though: currently 19°C with 21° coming later. The barometers are down some more at 989/997mB

Comment

Lunch: bacon butties

Comment

Bit of a CBA pootle round the block on the bicycle. No food in, so lunch looking like a tesco express meal deal assuming they have anything left....

Comment

Morning all, Leduc calling, local time 1016

Sunny out with occasional fluff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Once again thunderstorms forecast overnight but they didn't show yesterday so we'll just have to wait and see.

Nice to be staying put for a couple of days. I will be putting in my compensation claim to BA for their lack of tug shenanigans that caused our missed connection.

Comment

Tea has been a roast lamb dinner. Very nice indeed

It's back to raining here, quite heavily at the moment, as it has been off and on all day

Comment

Been doing website for local history society and trying to set up a noticeboard editor with PHP and mysqli. Update keeps showing values which are not as the table but as previous test table that I have deleted! Driving me nuts.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Half-viewing today was the usual US borders and NZ traffic cop stuff. The NZ stuff has definitely looped around to the beginning again

Only half-viewing because I was also going through various bits to do with SwiftUI and Core Data. Possibly not relevant in the long term as SwiftData takes care of everything and will be in Mac OS and the various other flavours of OS later in the year; but I daresay it's worth having some understanding of what's behind it all

And finally, a new episode of 24 Hours in A&E from the QMC

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy day out, and not as warm as yesterday at 12°C with a high of 18° later. The barometers are up a little at 994/1001mB

Not a lot going on down on the lawn: just a couple of blackbirds out foraging, while the pigeons and magpies seem to lurk unseen when it's raining a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X