• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been beef short ribs braised in Guinness, with chips; and it was very nice indeed

I'd had the ribs in the freezer for ages, trying to think of what to do with them and reading all kinds of fancy recipes; but in the end, all it took was half a bottle of Guinness, a bouquet garni, and stock made with a couple of Oxo cubes. Give it seventy minutes in the InstantPot™ and job's a good 'un

Oh, wait - there were a couple of carrots too, sacrificial ones. And lots of fried onions, finished off by chucking some flour in to make a sort of roux, which thickened it nicely.

Comment

TV tonight started with the latest episode of The Crash Detectives on iPlayer

And then a rewatch of Captain Phillips (2013), the Somali pirates thing. I wonder if that's still going on and just isn't newsworthy any more, or if a surfeit of warships in the region put a stop to it?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Clear skies when we went to bed, then overnight rain, now a bit of blue in places.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, but dry and relatively mild: 9°C, getting to 13° later, with no rain expected. The barometers are down a little more at 978/985mB

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Picking with rain.

Cool in here at 17 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

986 mBar, 29.11 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of July 2019 PhilTheGreek was looking for a new chef who could make soup without spices, NF asked how the living room light was going, the answer being that it was dangling and remains so to this day, whereas WTFH offed a treerat, the 4th in as many days & Millie (RIP) checked to make sure he'd offed it properly.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 94%, running average: 86%.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine followed by rain, drizzle, wetness, & murrain of beasts.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO <click> Wake me up for WWIII.

The Mad Cow thing at 13:45 E5.

Freecell score: 81%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

The Infinite Monkey Cage. Sex.

Wheeler Dealers S6 E9&10: Jaguar XJS 3.6 auto: bought £1k. Rusty piece of crap. Last MOT 2013.

Ghosts.

The bollox on Blaze is so bolloxed that even I won't watch it.

Swedish Customs thing: The Boxes Full Of Food have appeared at last: 50kgm: $3kCDN worth confiscated. No frog fat observed. Lots of smuggling of alcohol. A woman got done for 3gm of weed.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 October 2023, 21:45.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Started off wet, now it's just dull. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 expected. More rain due this morning and the sun might make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer down a tiny bit to 992 mBar.

I was very pleased with the hairdresser's doings yesterday afternoon, which was a relief.

Rubbish night's sleep, pooped this morning. Already on my second coffee.

Comment

Rubbish night's sleep, pooped this morning
                My sleep is always rather rubbish, tired most days. Haven't pooped yet though.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It turned foggy here. Not quite as foggy now, though it's not cleared completely

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage bap (white, red sauce)

Comment

The bed has been unmade, to be made again after an airing, which I'm hoping to remember to do before tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X