• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Scotch broth with a bit of wholemeal

Comment

In other news, I've got tomorrow off!

Comment

Hi gang - how's it going? Thought I'd drop by and see what's going on in here.

Blue sky, Simpsonsesque but cold with it here in the Midlands.

Hard to believe but it's been almost three years since my last contract... how time flies. What's it like out there in contractorland at the moment? I must confess I've not been keeping up with things.

Has Janey showed up again yet???

Comment

hi there covbob!

Contractorland is either boom or bust, depending on who you talk to. Same as it ever was.

No sign of Janey.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Hi gang - how's it going? Thought I'd drop by and see what's going on in here.

Blue sky, Simpsonsesque but cold with it here in the Midlands.

Hard to believe but it's been almost three years since my last contract... how time flies. What's it like out there in contractorland at the moment? I must confess I've not been keeping up with things.

Has Janey showed up again yet???
            Hi

Don't know about things out in the real world, but I'm into my third year contracting with central government. Now at the point where teams in the department are competing for me when a project ends, so I just roll onto another. Ended up inside IR35 earlier this year for various reasons, but managed to negotiate a decent bump to the rate that left me about even, and it was a good rate to start with - good enough that I've bought my own flat in a very salubrious location, across the park from the university!

Hope you and yours are doing well

Comment

Tea: oniony sausage casserole with chips and peas

Day off tomorrow!

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters was a new season, and I think I've seen it before so I may knock this on the head if later episodes confirm it. But they did OK

Then S1E4 of Secrets of the London Underground concerning various bits of Euston, and the long-defunct York Road

And finally, the last episode of Soldier. Quite an interesting series overall.

Time for bed now, as I may not have to be up as early as usual tomorrow, but I don't want to completely waste the day

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I awoke feeling very refreshed. Not sure if this is because I allowed myself to get the full eight hours or so and awake naturally without any alarm, or if it's just that I sleep better knowing I have the next day off

Thin cloud with some wan sunlight making it through outside today. A bit of a breeze too, judging by the arboreal shimmying. Currently 10°C and soaring to 15° later, while the barometers are well down at 990/998mB, with rain expected from mid-afternoon into the night

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but it looks like lots of the wispy kind rather than the lumpy sort. A bit of a breeze. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 this afternoon and rising to 16 degrees overnight . Rain forecast off and on for most of the day. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

Had to pull a release yesterday evening because something went wrong. I dunno what, that's for the developer to work out.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

991 mBar, 29.264 in Hg, 743.3111 Torr, 14.373 psi, (down from 1001 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Woke at 04:30ish to listen to The World Service: The Bomb E1. Where it all began.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08...odes/downloads

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom before breakfast to avoid the oncoming rain.

Meanwhile on the 19th of July 2019 there was much discussion of The Two Spiders in the then NF bathroom, how the interweb seemed a bit slow that morning, the passing of the deluge into a light drizzle, and NF off to do some shopping having chickened out on running an extension lead into the bathroom to power a webcam thingie.

Down to 988.5 mBar now. .

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about a woman who scammed a scammer. .

Freecell score: 74%, running average: 86%.

Read book.

Freecell score: 90%, runniing average: 86%. That's betterer.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: PM <click> Can't listen to this crap any more.

Down to 983 mBar now. .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2023, 16:43.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X