• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny spells but with some clumps of fluffiness tempering things from time to time and a high haze that will stop things getting too sunny. Currently 12°C, up 2° in the last hour or so, and expected to reach 16° this afternoon, though with a slight chance (10%) of showers. The barometers remain ambivalent at 1009/1017mB

Whilst shopping yesterday I remembered that I like grapes, and while dithering over what to have for breakfast I remembered that I now have grapes. So I'm having a few grapes with my morning coffee

Comment

One of the squirrels round here is often very exuberant, but today it's going absolutely bananas, scampering around the lawn in leaps and bounds. At one point it even did a forward roll, which I've never seen a squirrel do before. Must be full of the joys of spring

Comment

Toasted the two remaining hot cross buns from the freezer for breakfast/elevenses

Comment

Just had a Beltane Eve bath. It's the same as a normal bath, but on Beltane Eve. It was very pleasant and relaxing

Comment

Afternoon all

Glorious sunny start to the day. High of 18 and originally no rain forecast but now that's changed. Barometer was up a smidge to 1022 mBar.

Down to visit Mum where it was also sunny to start with but cooler at 15 degrees. Rain now imminently due. Fortunately I have managed to get front and back lawns mowed in time, even with a stop to recharge batteries.

Comment

Tea: a roast duck dinner. Very tasty

There's been a bit of light rain here off and on since an hour or so ago. Seems to be off at the minute. Grey out though

Comment

Yesterday we passed the phone interview for fostering. Some time in the next few days we’ll have a home visit to check the house is OK. So, today was spent putting up fences, making gates, and getting the place ready.
                There’ll never be another Millie, but the house is empty without a dog, and we need to help a dog(s) that can help us too.

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cashing in the Bank Holiday early, tonight's viewing was three whole films, starting with a rewatch of Beverly Hills Cop (1984) as that seems like a Bank Holiday kind of film

And then a major motion picture premiere: My Cousin Vinny (1992) which I thought was excellent

The best comedies are those where the main plot could stand up on its own in that genre, IMHO. Even going back to films like The Ladykillers or The Lavender Hill Mob, the heist stories could play well enough on their own without the veneer of comedy. Crap comedies are those where they don't bother putting a decent plot behind it all, thinking the humour will carry a lame story. Here endeth the film studies lecture for today

Finally, a rewatch of A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Much grey about. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 18 expected. The cloud is set to dissipate and the sun make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer down to 1017 mbar.

Billing today.There is work to do, too. Still trying to reverse engineer a system that has no documentation. But I might also switch my desk around.

Also being very frustrated by my laptop. I foolishly thought a Dell Latitude would be compatible with a Dell monitor. However, it seems that the USB drivers crash when I use the monitor's KVM switch to flick between my custom-built desktop and said laptop. Not all the time, but randomly enough that I never know when it will fail and I need to reboot. Then it can take several reboots before the laptop and monitor talk to each other again. The Lenovo Yoga that my previous client supplied couldn't keep time but handled the monitor perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                      X