• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mum's assessment went well enough. She scored 24/30, compared to 25/30 in August last year. She has no idea what year, month, day it is (thought it was Christmas/January time in 2020 but also that it was spring). Her long term memory is good but her short term memory is shot to bits. Apparently there's nothing to worry about at the moment but if she forgets the older, more entrenched stuff then that's a sign of trouble.

She knows she's got a bad memory and quite rightly said that her days don't contain much and certainly nothing that requires her to know what day of the week it is. She's never been all that sociable and definitely isn't the sort to join a club so it's a bit difficult to know what to do help her.

Comment

Bit of sun appearing now, brightening things up for the magpie and four pigeons that are browsing about on the lawn

Comment

Brightening up here nicely too.

Oh, and even though a dead hedgehog was found at the far side of the paddock last night, it wasn't one of ours. The WifeTM saw 2 of them last night at the same time.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye steak with chips, fried onions, and beans

I didn't actually finish it because those things are pretty big and I had a lot of chips. Stuck the rest in the fridge to make a quick butty tomorrow

Speaking of when, I now find I've got to go and pick up my Dad plus a wheelchair to go with me to the hospital to see my Mum. It seems the best thing is to arrive about twenty minutes before visiting time officially starts as you have a much better chance of getting one of the disabled parking spaces near the entrance, and they apparently don't really care if you start your visit early.

Meanwhile, they've finally got around to doing a more thorough assessment, though not all the results are in. She's got a hairline fracture of the pelvis, and the recommended treatment is to walk on it more; no idea how that's going to go. And she's got three fingers splinted as they finally realised, after a week, that they were broken. She had an MRI scan but the results of that aren't through yet

Comment

Medication has been taken, let’s see if it works.

TFBSZ

Comment

Tonight's car was the vintage (maybe even antique) one they did a few things to and took on the London to Brighton. Taxed until October, never had an MOT

And the gold diggers maundered on mid-season.

Tonight's major motion picture (not a premiere for me because I saw it once before sometime, though probably a premiere for the apes) was Gorillas in the Mist (1988) about the great ape lady Dian Fossey

And finally a couple more episodes of The Last of Us: S1E4 Please Hold to My Hand (TV Episode 2023) and S1E5 Endure and Survive (TV Episode 2023). This series really is phenomenally good, which is kind of what you expected from the guy who made Chernobyl, yet it's even better than you expected

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A good night’s sleep implies that the drugs do work.

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Polleny.

Cool in here at 14.9 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1015), 72% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of May 2019 NF observed that it was my final day at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde down by Ye Docks.

Oddly I missed it so explored ways to return but the plague put paid to that.

Today's deep & abiding joy is a letter from the NHS for someone I've never heard of who most definitely doesn't live here unless he's up in the attic or under the floor (in the latter case he'd be wrapped in plastic & tied up with tiewraps with all the seams sealed to keep the smell in).

Lunch: bacon & lentil soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of not very toasted toast (more like hot bread), red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 96%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: Sain Fagans: more about the Vulcan pub (pointy ears optional), some sort of food festival thing, a lady visiting her great great granfather's home rebuilt on the site.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, the last of the apricot halves, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the repeat of "Toast" waffling on about "Friends Reunited".

Maigret S1 E3 "The burglar's wife". Quite a good one.

The Four Just Men S1 E17: "The survivor". More nasty Nazis. With Donald Pleasence playing against type as a camp inmate.

Bits (the good bits) of "Magnum Force (1973)" from the mists of time. I wonder what his "light special" was. "That ain't no cop's gun, Frank". etc.

Conspiracies on Blaze Quest: was Scott's last expedition sabotaged by Lt Evans? New theory from some Australian historian. The Shepperd murder: was he innocent all along? DNA suggests he was but they hadn't invented it in 1954. The mystery of Roanoke Island and the disappearance of the Elizabethan colony. Kazakhstan sleeping sickness.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 April 2023, 07:43.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with occasional lumps of fluff. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Was awake around 7.30 am. Not sure if it was due to next door's child making a racket or the sunlight blasting through the ineffective blind (I really ought to get a black out blind). Probably both.

I might do some potching in the garden today.

Comment

Morning denizens

Off to a nerve-wracking start today as the big spider which had been minding its own business high in the corner of the bathroom had decided to relocate further down, making it difficult if not impossible to shower without extreme risk of coming into contact with it

So that had to be relocated to the rest of the Universe via the living room window

Sunny spells out but quite a lot of white fluffiness about the place too. Currently 14°C and maybe getting as high as 17° later. The barometers are on their way back up at 1009/1016mB

Comment

Working...
                      X