• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Are they the same animals coming back?
    Some of them could be, but they are being released by the field at the bottom of the garden, so it’s over 100 metres back to the house, then they’d need to get in and climb up to the attic.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: the rest of the pâté, again on seedy bloomer toast

Sunnyish out now, though with a fair number of white fluffy things replacing the grey sheet we started with

Comment

In a fit of, I don't know what, I ventured out into the back garden to have a hack at a few things. Namely wisteria and bamboo. I can now see the boarded out space at the back where I suspect a shed used to live and the pond that needs sorting out (it smells and the pump doesn't pump - none of the outdoor electrics work).

I also discovered a hole that looks like foxes have been trying to dig their way in or out. I guess it might have been that one I discovered a few weeks or so ago.

Now I have a pile of stuff on the lawn to clear away but I'm hungry.

Comment

Stripped the bed and left it to air, so I need to remember to make that before it's too late

And I even put the sheets and that in the wash straight away! What a difference a laundry basket - the kind for carrying stuff to and from the washing machine, not the kind you leave the dirty laundry in - makes

Comment

Tea: roast gammon, fried aggs, chips and beans

The car was a Mini Moke that they just had to tidy up a little; taxed until next February and MOT until October, so they didn't mess it up too badly

And the gold diggers seemed happy enough. I vaguely remember this episode; maybe this was where I came in last year, or perhaps it was a random weekend one some time

Got to make the bed now before I forget.

Comment

I am all caught up on The Repair Shop and Surgeons. I think there might be a 24 Hours in A&E to watch.

Comment

More mice caught and moved out.

Now TFBSZ

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was A History of Violence (2005) which I thought was an excellent take on the "retired gangster's past catches up with him" genre

And then rewatches of the excellent Cloverfield (2008) and the also excellent District 9 (2009) which are both excellent takes on the "FFS, aliens" genre. Lot of excellence tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The car was a Mini Moke that they just had to tidy up a little; taxed until next February and MOT until October, so they didn't mess it up too badly
                      The prices on ebay are eyewatering.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight's major motion picture premiere was A History of Violence (2005) which I thought was an excellent take on the "retired gangster's past catches up with him" genre
                      Good, innit? .

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless

Drizzly.

Chilly in here at 12.4 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.06 Torr, 14.794 psi, (down from 1021 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of April 2019 NF was consuming Morrisons sausages and retrieving the clout he'd inadvisibly cast in the form of a bit of duvet whilst I was watching "Treasure Island" and "The Numbers Station", the latter requiring rather more suspension of disbelief than the former, oddly enough, Haaaaaaaaar! Jim Laaaaad!

Entertainment on a grey drizzly Saturday morning: Wheeler Dealers S2 E1 1988 Toyota MRII. Bought: £500, Total (including rattle cans):£1278, Sold:£1900.

Programme made 2004: Currently SORN, MOT expired 2012.

Wheeler Dealers ON The Road: Lotus Esprit.Bought: £3600, Total: £4385, Sold: £6k2. No details on mot site because it was exported to Giberalta. Watched this one before. Edd barely fits in the thing.. As with most of these sports cars it was a pain in the arse to work on, engine out to do most things.

Read a little of "The Penguin complete Saki" of which I have the required two copies. I don't think I'll be reading much more of it, which is odd since I recall being quite impressed back in the distant past.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 75%, running average 85%.

Tea: spag with moderately fiery bol, some peach halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 75%, runniing average 85% and decreasing. .

Entertainment: The Four Just Men: The Deserter. With that Jack Hawkins chap.

The Bad Skin Clinic S1 E8: the one with the basal cell carcinoma removed with Mohs.

"The Blue Lamp (1951)": the one where that nice George Dixon gets offed by the nasty Dirk Bogarde.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2023, 09:46.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X