• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the likelihood of getting the lurgy twice in 5 weeks?

I'm currently at the shivering and aching stage.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea: pork cutlets with chips and beans

The book from the chap from work arrived in the post this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What's the likelihood of getting the lurgy twice in 5 weeks?

I'm currently at the shivering and aching stage.

I've heard of people getting reinfected that quickly, or even sooner, though I don't think it's very common <- manly

Comment

Good news is that I’ve tested negative. Bad news is that my symptoms are pretty much the same as the last time.

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Good news is that I’ve tested negative. Bad news is that my symptoms are pretty much the same as the last time.

TFBSZ
            With recent strains it seems not uncommon for it to take a day or two to start testing positive (though that's purely anecdotal)

Comment

The car earlier was an Audi TT; SORN, last MOT expired in August 2020, so possibly another victim of the plague

And then the usual malarkey with the gold diggers.

After that, I didn't feel like watching any more telly, turning instead to learning a bit more SwiftUI, in particular how to get it working with the storage APIs known as Core Data

And then I read some more of Fire in the Night.

Early night now as I'm tired again

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Somewhat overcast outside, but in the streaky way that suggests it'll thin out soon and start turning sunny. Currently 6°C, 12° on the cards, and the barometers are unchanged at 1006/1015mB

I must have slept well last night as the glass of water by the bed seemed completely untouched when I awoke. Still feel tired though

Comment

Morning all
                  Murky out, but it might burn off.
                  Sleep was intermittent last night, but I'm actually feeling a bit better this morning.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts.

Loadsapollen.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.563 Torr, 14.71 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Much dreaming of dreams. The gold plated handgun was mixed in there somewhere, along with car thieves.

Meanwhile on the 30th of May 2019 concern was rising over my lack of posts.

Lunch: poached tomato (two rather wrinkly ones) with scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Not going for a walk today due to pollen count.

Entertainment: about 10 minutes of TWATO.

Freecell score in the afternoon avoidance of pollen: 92%, running average 85%.

<taps screen> Is this thing on?

Tea: leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin bread, bramble jelly on slice of toast, yellow corner yog, the last of the peach slices, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Well it lasted 5 minutes more than TWATO but went <click> when the irritating presenter & lying tory bastard debated the plod recruitment figures and the Commissioner of the Met's reply to some other lying newly tory bastard in the Home affairs committee. Other lying political bastards are, of course, readily available.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E11 1967 split screen VW bus: bought: $14k, £9k, total: £16665, sold: £25k. New steering rack. Fettled the gearselector linkage. Wider wheels. New steering wheel coz he broke the old one. Taxed until October. MOT free or it's just expired as of March 27th.

Space Shuttle: Triumph & Tragedy. Brock's benefit part II on Yesterday.

The Bad Skin clinic S5 E2 on Really. Woman with 100s of seborrheic keratosis. Woman with a lipoma on her shoulder. Chap with a white patch on his head that they tattooed back to his original colour: discoid lupus erytherythematosus. Lady with a cyst on her neck.

Dr Pimplepopper S5 E2. ditto. Woman with an enormous lipoma on her shoulder. Chap with a basal cell carcinoma close to his eye. Well that was grim. Mohs surgery. Woman with a pink seborrheic keratosis which is a bit awkward since she's brown.

Gosh. Some pimp has found my CV from 4 years ago on his/her/its/their system. It's Agile. I don't do Agile.

Abandoned Engineering: another one I haven't seen before: Berlin Wall special: the joys of the Stasi, the island of Vis, Croatia, an underground fortress built by Tito in case the Soviets invaded, an underground hypobaric training facility built by the GDR when their extensive doping of athletes became rather too obvious, Wunsdorf: the Soviet army enclave in the GDR, abandoned in 1994.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...f-east-germany
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 April 2023, 20:40.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Our new developer started yesterday, so while he gets on with his mandatory training, I'm having sort out stuff - mainly working out what I need to ask other people to sort out, in fact

Lunch was zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a bit of wholemeal

And a towel wash is done and drying

Despite the forecast, it's remained fairly cloudy here for most of the day

Comment

Working...
                      X