• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    TFBSZ
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, San Francisco calling, local time 0907

Partly cloudy but dry. A chilly 14 degrees at present with a high of 17 expected.

We arrived close to 1am and our biggest happiness so far is that the room has a Nespresso machine so we can relax with a decent cuppa in bed this morning. The hotel includes cable car tickets so, if the line isn't too long, we hope to go and see that wiggly road and some other stuff.
    Om.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan; very nice

It's in continuous light drizzle mode out there at the moment

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters featured the rookie who's almost bankrupted himself without finding a single thing flying his fiancée out to help, which I reckon is probably "finish whole beverage" in the Australians-looking-for-things drinking game. This one got lucky though, as instead of dumping him when she found out he was AUS$60,000 down to date, she got stuck in and actually found a seam of opal. Definitely a keeper - her, not him

And after some inconsequential tinkering with SwiftUI's Transferable protocol, a new episode of Police Interceptors

Still raining here, and likely to continue doing so into the early hours

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, but the overnight rain has stopped. Mild, too: already at 18°C with 23° expected. The barometers are decidedly down though, at 989/996mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (down from 1000 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of July 2019 Diver was watering his tomatoes & cucumbers, while Brillo was waiting for a train to that London.

The recycling & waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Entertainment: something on R4 about Foure's requiem, some poet waffling on about loops with some music inspired by Escher, and last but not least Attack Warning: Red! with the joys to be expected in a post nuclear wasteland. The NHS wouldn't be able to cope. . Well feck me, there's a shock. Plus the requisitioning of stocks of drugs etc. from pharmacies & shops before the big bang(s). Plus the idea of collecting fallout encrusted wild plants as drugs run out seems a little curious.

Amazingly someone next door brought in their wheelie bin without me doing it. Who'd have thunk? .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gapfinders. Something about markets. It went <click>.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 85% (85.5%).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E4. Rory. The one where the crane driver chap uses a flatbed to extract a Volvo out of a flooded ditch.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. . Very

Joy of Painting. until the last 10 minutes. Where did that river come from?

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 86% (85.5%).

Trucking Hell S7 E7. More from the Alpha lot.

Some UFO bollox on Blaze that I eventually recalled watching previously so it went <click>.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 July 2023, 09:14.

Comment

Lunch was the leftover pork cutlet from the other night. Due to the lack of baps or cobs noticed yesterday, this was served up in a couple of finger rolls normally used for sausages

There's only a couple of finger rolls left but TBH they've been getting a bit dried out from being in the freezer too long due to my (recently rectified) failure to visit M&S to get the appropriate sausages, so they need using up anyway

Comment

Morning all, local time 1058

Sunny, some occasional cloud. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Off to Los Angeles later this afternoon. Moved our flight back a few hours to make up for the time lost with our late arrival. Used the time having a lie in to recover from a few too many cocktails last night!

Comment

This evening, I've been over to the old place to drop off the letter that the Royal Mail had decided to redirect to me, despite it being addressed to somebody else

Sad to see the on-demand water heater that had served me so adequately over the years, now lying in bits in the front garden - not to say it wasn't overdue to be replaced, although it still worked OK, but it shows how little the new landlord cares about the place if he's flytipping on his own property

Anyway, then it was onwards to Big Sainsbury's, where the shopping was achieved

And on the way home, I stopped off at the VAT fraud chip shop to pick up a steak & kidney pie (Pukka, naturally) with chips and gravy for my tea

Comment

Morning denizens

We're back, then

Grey morning out, currently 18°C with 22° on the cards, while the barometers are back up slightly at 993/1001mB

As it wasn't possible to post updates last night: the opal hunters were plagued by equipment failures (drink!) but the fiancée found a rare opalised fossil that was worth a few thousand bucks. (This was recorded and watched when I got back with my shopping plus pie & chips.)

And then there was another episode of Police Interceptors

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.6 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar, 29.559 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 14.52 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of July 2019 there was discussion of motorbicycle accidents.

The drizzle arrived.

Freecell score whilst looking out at the drizzle: 100% (of 11), running average: 86% (85.5%).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust (indeterminate variety, probly not sunflower & pumpkin seed, more likely the oat & barley one), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage from November 2013 about perception.

8 buckets of apples consigned to the compost heap. Some minor potching in the garage. Looks like sommat had chewed on some tv manuals.

Tea: soup with Morrisons bread, a yog or two, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. . Stone me the was strong in this one. Half liquid clear, half liquid black. Nice glacier.

Joy of Painting. until the last 10 minutes. It was an oval one. Snow scene with barn.

"Thunder in Waiting" A look at LifeDeath with V bombers and Thor missiles. 1960.

Dial 999. S1 E22 "The Barge Burglars". No one of note* in this and I didn't notice any inneresting shops this time.

*Other than Harry Fowler who had a 62 year career as a cheeky cockney chappie, starting in 1942 & ending in 2004.

Am Dro. Tregaron. Bangor. Pentrefelin. Rhosneigr.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 July 2023, 21:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X