• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Woke at 05:25 again, read book, back to sleep.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Unpleasantly warm in here at 23.2 deg, 25 deg in the kitchen, 22.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 80% RH (Lidl electric).

Just got an error on posting this. ​.

Meanwhile on the 9th of July 2019 I was spring cleaning the office and complaining about how much stuff was in there.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons including bedding in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: poached tomato with scrambled egg on toasted crust, a corner yog (I forget which), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO, the thing at 13:45.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned whilst listening to The Infinite Monkey Cage S13 "Race" and "The invisible universe".

Shirts airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line & those requiring the iRon iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line ditto.

Entertainment:PM.

Tea: soup, bread, last of the pear halves, a corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:
    Diall 999: "Key witness" E26: Patrick Troughton playing a Kray.

Forgot the stuff on Blaze at 21:00.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%.

Neil Oliver waffling on about the beginning of the age of iRon.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of hot dogs

Another meeting soon

Already up to 26°C here, but it's also overcast and there's a warning of thunderstorms until tomorrow evening

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Just got an error on posting this. .
        Same here: "Invalid SQL"

No idea what they're up to

Comment

Got something kind-of working, so: timesheet done, and weekend!

Have they sorted out the Invalid SQL yet, I wonder?

Comment

Afternoon all

It's been cloudy all day. And hot. Currently 29 degrees ('feels like' 31). Barometer still loitering around 1018 mBar.

Have been severely hung over today on account of a larger than planned night out yesterday. This morning was a struggle to function but I've perked up since.

Comment

Tea has been ribs in the mango BBQ sauce of my own invention, and chips

That's the last of those ribs out of the freezer. Must make some more

And it was accompanied by S7E1 of Trucking Hell

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Johnny Mnemonic (1995) which is… OK, I guess. Pretty good in parts. But it faces the same problem, when viewed today, that all 1990s cypherpunk stuff does: just a few years later and, in this case, with the same star, The Matrix blew every other cypherpunk movie out of the water, so now it can only be seen in terms of how much it falls short of that standard

And then, as I vaguely feel that another economic meltdown may be in the offing (though, to be fair, one always feels like that once the Tories have been plundering the public realm for more than a decade or so), a rewatch of The Big Short (2015) just to remind myself that it's not so much how evil these people are; it's the fact that they're also very stupid that causes the problems that inevitably follow

Far too hot tonight, being still at 21°C hereabouts. It's the East Midlands, not Antigua! Continuous light drizzle is what we're entitled to, and I'd like to know why we aren't getting any

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Misty.

Dry.

24 deg in here, 25 deg in the kitchen, 23.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (unchanged), 76% RH (GDR hair), 80% RH (Lidl electric).

No idea wtf was going on in July 2019 since the sql error fecks everything up.

Comment

Since edit is FUBARed completely:

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Unpleasantly warm in here at 23.2 deg, 25 deg in the kitchen, 22.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 80% RH (Lidl electric).

Just got an error on posting this. ​​​​​.

Meanwhile on the 9th of July 2019 I was spring cleaning the office and complaining about how much stuff was in there.

Smalls in the WM.

Shirts in the WM.

Lunch: poached tomato with scrambled egg on toasted crust, a corner yog (I forget which), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned whilst listening to The Infinite Monkey Cage S13 "Race" and "The invisible universe".

Shirts airing upstairs.

Tea: soup, bread, last of the pear halves, a corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Comment

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Just got an error on posting this. ​​​​​.

Smalls in the WM.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts airing upstairs.

Entertainment:

Comment

Working...
                      X