• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.6 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 deg in the leanto.

1036 mBar, 30.59 in Hg, 777.1 Torr, 15 psi, (up from 1035 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of August 2019 I watched "Ghost rider spirit of vengeance", NF watched "From the earth to the moon" Apollo 8.

According to the Met Office the pressure is 1040 mBar at Mumbles, but WTF do they know?

Freecell score in the endless drizzle: 86%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc. along with some raspberry jam (BBE 2019) that is A Funny Colour it must be said.

Entertainment: Dead Ringers. Which was actually funny in parts.

Asteroid Rush Part II on PBS.

Last 10 minutes of "The Shootist".

Great. Lovely aura ealier. It went away. Now another one has come back FFS.

Last 25 minutes of "The Shootist".

Last 40 minutes of "Man in the Saddle (1951)" with that Randolph Scott cove.

Tea: spag bol. etc. Seems improved from last Sunday.

Entertainment: variously Ancient Aliens interspersed with "North West Frontier (1959)" with Kenneth More, Lauren Bacall, Herbert Lom, and Wilfrid Hyde White.

Delicate Sound of Thunder. Well it's on.

Maigret "Death in mind (1962)". The chap fitted up for murder, allowed to abscond from custody. Anton Rogers.

Last 10 minutes of "Man Down (2015)". No idea wtf that was about.

In other news, it would appear that In General, Specifically, General is borked: zero posts.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 December 2023, 22:52.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bleedin eck! What a great weekend! Not. My central heating has packed up and then I went out to find my front tyre was flat. Just when I don't have a spare wheel as a wheel went to the garage last week to get a minor dent fixed. The Great God Sod strikes again!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and rather Simpsonesque out today, which makes a nice change. Mild too: currently 11°C, which is the day's high. The barometers are up a touch more at 1023/1031mB

Comment

Lunch: sausages and bacon in buttered white toast

Accompanied by hippos fighting over mud holes on the telly

Comment

Afternoon all, Glasgow calling

Overcast and dull. A bit of a breeze. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 expected. Rain forecast off and on.

Today is Christmas dinner with HWMBO, his kids, his ex and his ex's partner. Much activity going on to get everything done. I have been charged with shopping and doing present wrapping.

Comment

No takeaway today; instead, tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Comment

And the Great God Sod strikes yet again! Just checked the warranty on me combi boiler to see if I was covered for the current fault and it expired last month!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  And the Great God Sod strikes yet again! Just checked the warranty on me combi boiler to see if I was covered for the current fault and it expired last month!
                  It really isn't your day!

Comment

This afternoon and early evening involved the usual wildlife stuff, including Monkey World where they were engaged in a complicated process of swapping the accommodation of two different groups of chimps without letting them bump into each other and get mixed up

And later, I read a good chunk more of The London Cage

The pain at the base of my ribs had been getting better but has got worse again, and definitely seems to be located more in the abdomen. My researches lead me to conclude that it's possible that my fall has triggered an inflammation of the gall bladder, perhaps exacerbated by hitherto undiagnosed gallstones, and I may have to go to the doctor and possibly end up in hospital

I'll see how it goes between now and Monday

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start, but it's uneven, undulating cloud and possibly turning patchy - there are already some near-blue areas. It seems a little breezy too. Currently 8°C heading for 10°, and the barometers are down a touch at 1019/1027mB

A reasonably OK night's sleep was had, though the abdomen woke me a few times when I shifted in my sleep. It's not as bad today as it was yesterday, but it definitely doesn't feel right

Comment

Working...
                      X