• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

Sometimes I dream of having a Coat Hook in/on several random places (trees, walls, fences etc) on various dog walking routes so that I can set off on walks wearing a coat and then leave it hanging once I get warmed up.

I only have a couple of issues with the logic - I probably go on fewer walks where I set off thinking it's warm enough not to wear a coat - only to find I need to wrap up circa 1/2 way round,
    and I would need to purchase multiple coats to account for the ones left randomly over the country side.

Possibly I should speak to the locals about a Coat sharing scheme where we collectively sort something out.

I think a few of those oversized duvet type coats should be OK for most sizes. MrsD looks quite cute wrapped in one of my coats - I expect the old dear down the road would be warm enough albeit rather less cute!
    This is almost worthy of DMC.

Thing is, I take the coat out because I've put a high-vis vest on the outside of it when walking I'm walking early mornings, also because we seem to get a lot of rain these days, rather than because I'm too cold.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch today was the same as yesterday, as the chicken-with-coconut-and-mango Needed to be Eaten™

And this afternoon, I ventured forth again, on foot this time: I needed to post something in the pillar box outside the post office, and then visited the chemist's a few doors up for the monthly prescription.

Now trying to decide what to have for tea

Comment

Tea turned out to be ribs (mango BBQ sauce variety) and chips

Comment

Sainsbury's delivery arrived!

Comment

Tonight's viewing was The Challenger, a dramatisation of Richard Feynman's work on the inquiry into the exploding Space Shuttle. I thought it was good; it turns out it was first shown in 2013 and is only available for a couple of weeks, so hurry to iPlayer if you want to see it

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, though not rainy at this moment; rather breezy though, and will continue so for much of the day. Mild again at 10°C rising to 14°, while the barometers have chosen negativity, being down to 988/996mB

Comment

Morning all
                Overcast but dry, although heavy overnight rain has left the ground even more sodden.
                8.2km walked this morning, should have been further, but had to take a shortcut on the way home.

TFIF, etc.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.062 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 999 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September 2019 nothing had changed since yesterday.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the intermittent drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

NZ Customs: Oh this is a classic: Chinese woman attempting to bring live insects into NZ. They are Not Happy. The beetles are a headache remedy. And more than $10k in undeclared cash. Woman (Brit) caught with weed taped to a sanitary pad. Back on the plane.

Canadian customs thing.

Oz customs thing. Gosh. Woman found with coke in some bags she was given by someone else: acquitted .

Freecell score: 50%, running average: 86%. Dunno WTF was going on there. .

Tea: soup etc.

The Mentalist S1 E15. the drug dealer at the tennis club one.

Coast & Country, ITVW.

Villages by the sea. Sunderland Point.

The Canal Map of Britain.

Cracking the Code on Blaze: WWI.

History's greatest mysteries: the Lindbergh kidnapping.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 March 2024, 19:34.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Grumble. Only one who turned up to creative writing group today. Sent them all an email to say I'm shutting it down unless a reasonable number turn up next month.

Loony lady 1 walky postponed till tomorrow as a bit rainy today.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

It's turned sunny here now

And the gardener has been, so the lawns are all looking very neat

Comment

Working...
                      X