• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    The Dog and I both slept in this morning, resulting in a meagre 4.6km walk in light drizzle.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been a chicken breast with a sort of mango and coconut paste on it, in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Still dry but grey and breezy here

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Showers here now, supposedly

Comment

Having spent months dropping hints as to what I’d like as Christmas and birthday presents, I thought I should check that there were enough suggestions for the latter, to which I was told that I hadn’t come up with anything yet. Time to create a list, otherwise I will get socks, shirts and shower gel.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was that programme that claims to be about motorway cops but half the time they're just on normal roads, and it also has random dashcam clips that have no relevance to what's going on

And then back to the Möbius strip stuff. Still isn't doing what I want, but I've dug out one of my books with stuff in it about vectors and cross products and all that jazz, so maybe that will get me on the right track

Early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again but the wind appears to have dropped, and the rain stopped dropping. Apparently the former will start up again around lunchtime and the latter around teatime, though. Currently a balmy 10°C and maybe soaring to a sweltering 15° later, while the barometers are down slightly at 994/1002mB

Up betimes, for shortly I will head across town to see if the hairdresser lady has started early, as she usually does

And at the other end of that spectrum, Sainsbury's will be delivering tonight between 9:04 and 10:04pm, very much the back end of the Saver Slot I booked. Oh well, I only booked it because I had another of those £12 off vouchers, so I suppose it's still a bargain of sorts

Comment

Morning all
                Early start meant that we managed an 8.65km walk, which turned out to be 10,077 steps. Most of it was down carrying my coat as I was too warm.

Comment

Haircut accomplished

She had a bloke in the chair when I got there, but I only had to wait about two minutes before he was done and out the door

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    Early start meant that we managed an 8.65km walk, which turned out to be 10,077 steps. Most of it was down carrying my coat as I was too warm.
                    Sometimes I dream of having a Coat Hook in/on several random places (trees, walls, fences etc) on various dog walking routes so that I can set off on walks wearing a coat and then leave it hanging once I get warmed up.

I only have a couple of issues with the logic - I probably go on fewer walks where I set off thinking it's warm enough not to wear a coat - only to find I need to wrap up circa 1/2 way round,
                    and I would need to purchase multiple coats to account for the ones left randomly over the country side.

Possibly I should speak to the locals about a Coat sharing scheme where we collectively sort something out.

I think a few of those oversized duvet type coats should be OK for most sizes. MrsD looks quite cute wrapped in one of my coats - I expect the old dear down the road would be warm enough albeit rather less cute!

Comment

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen, 13 in the leanto.

1001 mBar, 29.5595 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 14.518 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September 2019 I watched some film called "Shade" which I have completely & utterly forgotten, and actually cooked something for tea back in those long lost days when one might afford to turn the cooker on, whereas NF had a nice cup of tea, LM was watching "Who do you think you are?", and there was a brief discussion of Welsh terms for rain, as in "raining old women and sticks" being one of my personal favourites.

Freecell score in the endless drizzle: 96%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Gap Finders. Motorway Patrol.

Canadian Customs thing.

Oz Customs thing.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: UFO Hunters: the most inneresting part was the recreation of the Columbian artifact which actually flew pretty well.

The Mentalist S1 E14. the pickup artist one.

The Directors: Sergeo Leone. Now wondering which cut of "Once upon a time in America" resides upstairs.

Found it eventually: it's the 220 minute UK theatre cut. Apparently there's a 229 minute cut, a 251 minute cut, and various other cuts. I don't think I'll worry about it.

Trucking Hell S8 E7. Definitely losing innerest here.

The proof is out there. On Blaze. As if. <click> Movies: 1960s part II. Not much more inneresting really.

Roy Noble Yng Nghymraeg.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2024, 16:27.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X