• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from Karaoke. Loony lady 1 yesterday. Old farty arty thing this morning which I can't miss as am group leader. Loony lady 2 wake tomorrow and son wants to meet up some time. Prob. ll1 again on Friday and wood volunteer thing Saturday. Not enough me time these days. Think I'll lock meself in garage and pretend to be dead.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No more telly tonight, but I've read a big chunk more of The Battle of the Beams

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty and misty start but above the mist, the sky is clearly blue with a red dawn in the east. Currently -1°C rising to 3° by around lunchtime, and doing the thing of getting even warmer tonight but with an added chance of rain. The barometers are back up to 1006/1014mB for now

Comment

Morning all
          A lovely walk was had before sunrise. It was a bit slippy in places. What few clouds were hanging around earlier have now disappeared and there's juts some patches of mist in the valley below.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunny day with high level wispiness about. Weather app thinks it's foggy. Currently 1 degree with a high of 5 expected. Barometer is at 1017 mBar.

There were people scraping ice off their cars this morning.

Uneventful journey home yesterday evening. Despite planning to leave in plenty of time, a major car accident that closed a main road around the corner from HWMBO's place meant that I had about a 30 min delay to my journey to the airport. I got sat with 5 mins to go before it started. The meeting went well enough, although the wifi in the BA lounge is certainly not up to the task of running Teams so I had to piggyback off my phone's 4G.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Greyish.

Cold side of chilly in here at 10.6 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 9.5 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.692323 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of August 2019 I had a "cold" shower (it's really cold at the moment, it was comparatively warm in August) and had disposed of New Scientist & Scientific American mags down the dump with bongo bongo mags carefully concealed within, while regretting selling next door & keeping this house rather than the other way around.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something. <click> TWATO <click> The thing about Tea: the Tea Party. The Opium Wars. The East India Company. etc.

Shopping trip to Aldi done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Quite chilly out there.

House roughly vacced. I may have to buy another upright vac.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S9 E3 BMW M5 <click>

Neil Oliver pontificating about Stonehenge. <click>

Hannah Fry pontificating about Microwave Ovens.

Dr Pimple Popper popping pimples: chap with lipoma on shoulder, woman with lipoma on bicep, chap with acanthosis nigracans: loose some weight you fat git.

Dr Pimple Popper repeats. Chap with basal cell carcinoma. <click> Seen all this before.

Anything interesting that I'm able to find from hundreds of channels of tulip on the tv to choose from: nothing detected.

Book is boring me tulipless being written in 1983. A lot has changed since 1983. FORTRAN 90 for one thing. . And it doesn't mention C at all, while Digital Research is still doing well. . And we all know how long that lasted. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2023, 18:44.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Meanwhile on the 2nd of August 2019 ................... regretting selling next door & keeping this house rather than the other way around.
                Do you still regret it, or has time altered your view?

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

Do you still regret it, or has time altered your view?
                  Regret it even more. .

My mate told me it was a bad idea: I wish I'd listened.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse and a couple of crusts of white bread

Accompanied by an old Police Interceptors

Comment

Later viewing was S1 of JFK: Destiny Betrayed in which Oliver Stone rehashes the assassination stuff.

And several more chapters of The Battle of the Beams have been read, some of the chapters being fairly short

Friday-equivalent (for me, at any rate) Thursday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X