• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, Glasgow calling

Bright and sunny. Clouds here and there. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 4 expected.

HWMBO went off to Amsterdam for work first thing and I'm at his place working until I leave for the airport around 3pm. Annoyingly, I booked a 7pm flight so I could work until about 4.30pm uninterrupted. Then a meeting was put in that would start shortly before I need to leave and would risk me arriving late through rush hour traffic. So now I have to leave early to avoid the post school rush and find a quiet spot in the BA lounge at Glasgow airport from which to attend the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      find a quiet spot in the BA lounge at Glasgow airport from which to attend the meeting.
      Good luck with that - although do they still have the fake fireplace bit past reception, turn right, past the newspapers and on the right?

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I think I shall have a
        New project plan has been agreed (but not released, it just happens to have been saved to a server folder I happen to have access to), which would extend the time of my involvement in the project through for at least a further 5 months.
        Time to warm up my negotiating skills.

Comment

Bright and sunny. Clouds here and there. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 4 expected.

HWMBO went off to Amsterdam for work first thing and I'm at his place working until I leave for the airport around 3pm. Annoyingly, I booked a 7pm flight so I could work until about 4.30pm uninterrupted. Then a meeting was put in that would start shortly before I need to leave and would risk me arriving late through rush hour traffic. So now I have to leave early to avoid the post school rush and find a quiet spot in the BA lounge at Glasgow airport from which to attend the meeting.
          Don't forget to ping your heating so it's warm when you get home

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a crust of wholemeal. Just the thing on a rainy grey day

That said, the rain has now stopped. There may be another shower or two, but other than that we should be OK until later in the week, when it'll start again because I want to go outside

Comment

.........................................BA lounge at Glasgow airport from which to attend the meeting.
              Oh No! You have brought back BAAAD memories and trauma!!

Many a time I was sat, sitting at Glasgow airport, sobbing into my Costa coffee, waiting to be crammed onto a smelly EasyJet plane to the tulip hole that is Luton (airport).

I suspect it's slightly "better" in a BA lounge but Luton was much nearer home for me than any BA airport (or EasyJet was much cheaper - I don't really remember)

Anyway just the thought of Glasgow reduces me to tears.
              Not JUST Glasgow airport, not even ONLY Glasgow it's self, but the contract was for C&W for Tesco Bank... which was worse than the Airport, Glasgow and all the Sweaties combined!

I do remember finding it very difficult to communicate with many of my oppo's thick Glasgee accents made them uninteligable!

Comment

FYI, the forum might be up and down a bit while some server reconfiguration goes in to try and get rid of those annoying errors. When it was me and admin, we'd wait until late at night to do this stuff, but plus ça change and all that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  FYI, the forum might be up and down a bit while some server reconfiguration goes in to try and get rid of those annoying errors. When it was me and admin, we'd wait until late at night to do this stuff, but plus ça change and all that
                  is anyone having issues reading this message....... D'OH!

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

is anyone having issues reading this message....... D'OH!
                    Just don't try to read it when the server's down!

Comment

Tea was a pork cutlet with chips, peas and gravy

And it was accompanied by 24 Hours in Police Custody: The Siege

I was interested in this one as it was about two blokes holed up in a high rise flat in Bedford. There aren't many 1960s blocks of flats in Bedford so I figured I'd know where it is, and it turned out to be a place I remember well, being just down the road from where we lived when we first moved there.

It was a pretty sad story really: both the guys had serious mental health problems and had basically received no support at all.

It was also noteworthy for the fact that one of them fired an air rifle at a police car, and the copper inside the car described the one that did it, but the investigation team decided it must have been the other one. So the misidentification was blithely dismissed: "Only human, easy to make a mistake in a stressful situation" and so on. I bet when the shoe is on the other foot and a suspect says something contradicted by other evidence, they're immediately saying "Obvious liar, can't believe a word they say"

They also ignored the copper's assertion that he'd seen a muzzle flash; not something you get from an air rifle

Comment

Working...
                      X