• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh goody. Just got an email that a kind person is randomly donating "Three Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars" to me. Wouldn't it be annoying if one of these scam emails was actually genuine?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 7 December 2023, 20:55.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I think I shall have a
      New project plan has been agreed (but not released, it just happens to have been saved to a server folder I happen to have access to), which would extend the time of my involvement in the project through for at least a further 5 months.
      Time to warm up my negotiating skills.
      have you done a powerpoint?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lack of imagination led to watching yet another old episode of Police Interceptors

But then I made slightly more effort and watched E1 of John Lennon: Murder Without a Trial

Early night now so I'm full of vim and ready to enjoy my long weekend

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Clear blue skies and a moon to guide us on our walk earlier over very sodden ground.
          Didn't get a delivery yesterday because several of the main roads were flooded, but hopefully it will arrive today.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

have you done a powerpoint?
            3 pages.

Comment

Morning denizens

The wind and rain have moved on so it's clear skies and, when the sun gets high enough, sunshine for today! Though apparently the wind will be back from time to time. Currently mild enough at 6°C and soaring to 9° later, and the barometers are down a bit more at 990/998mb

Comment

Morning all

Bright and dry start to the day with some wispy stuff wafting around. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 12 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1005 (slightly up on yesterday which I failed to report).

Interesting day yesterday - met up with the people at clientCo at the East India Club for a company meeting and then onto lunch. I wonder what they'll want me to put on my time sheet for that day! I will offer to contribute towards the lunch in order to maintain my creds as a non-employee.

Today yea olde jalopy is supposed to go into the garage to get its various issues checked out but a combination of an early morning meeting and a poorly timed DPD delivery means I'll be taking it there a lot later than I really wanted to. Toying with perhaps rescheduling it but that feels rude at such short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Today yea olde jalopy is supposed to go into the garage to get its various issues checked out but a combination of an early morning meeting and a poorly timed DPD delivery means I'll be taking it there a lot later than I really wanted to. Toying with perhaps rescheduling it but that feels rude at such short notice.
                  You still driving the Datsun?

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Wet. Wetly wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly side of chilly at 12 deg in here, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 997 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of August 2019 NF was taking naps due to the lack of sleep in the hospital overnight whilst I was getting shot of more crap down the dump & collecting endless apples to consign to the compost heap. Said heap will be bereft thereof next year. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked. It deigned to rain upon me briefly. Blue sky in parts.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Some crap about trans or something. It rapidly went <click>.

TWATO wailing about something or other <click>.

Hawkwind Assault & Battery.

Youtube thing about a chap walking along the Neath canal from Aberdulais to Clyne, then up the mountain on what used to be a footpath but is now overgrown. Those brambles don't take prisoners. Two years & it's impassable.

The thing about tea at 13:45. Ah. How assam tea got started.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

More chopping up of the ex apple tree.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E5 Porsche 914: the one tub o'lard bought off a farmer as a barn find, reconditioned it, and sold it back to said farmer. Brilliant. They "made" £2k4 apparently according to tub.

Coast & Country on ITV.:.

Nazi Secret Atomic Bomb on Blaze. Uranium off to Japan by submarine. No chance of making a bomb. Might just have make a reactor if they'd combined all the uranium cubes they had in one place rather than 600 here, 400 over by there, like.

Secret Nazi expeditions on Blaze. They'd have nothing to show without Ancient Aliens & that Hitler chap. Very runic this one.

Not to confuse "runes" with "ruins" like the set designer for STOS "City on the Edge of Forever". .

Runes or ruins, this one was tedious beyond endurance.

Oh, and the occasional programme about Hitler & Ancient Aliens.

And on to the Swedish Customs thing. Lots of cigarettes & a small amount of dope in this one. No frog fat. Liked the giant olive tree in the van.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 December 2023, 10:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You still driving the Datsun?
                      I am.

The old bird is starting to suffer corrosion. I'm getting the MOT (done in June!) advisories checked out with the hope that the cost of repair is still less than the cost of getting some newfangled car.

Comment

Working...
                      X