• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, overcast. Currently 2 degrees rising to 9 around midnight. I presume that due to increased cloud cover with the chance of rain accompanying it. Barometer done to 1018 mBar

Shopping in town done yesterday followed by a vow never to do that again (but there were expiring vouchers to use up).

Off to see Mum, who has been on her Alzheimer's meds since Wednesday. We might get her eyes tested today but my brother says she was thick with a cold yesterday so I may not make her go out

Comment

Wordle in 2 goes again, well under a minute. I am a genius!
      PS Actually just lucky. Grump.

Nowt on next 2 days, may wander up village club later. Sunday afternoon is the old farts time. Lots of youngies in evening, except Thurs Bingo night.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lunch: sausage and bacon baguette (Cumberland chipolatas, red sauce)
        Same again

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Wordle in 2 goes again, well under a minute. I am a genius!
          PS Actually just lucky. Grump.
          Three for me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Three for me
            Speaking of Wordle, the NY Times has a new game: Connections. I got a perfect score, so it may be too easy

Comment

^That was pretty easy. Took less than a minute. Still, will probably be useful when I am even more doolally.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner

Which, of course, means more chicken-based soup to be made later in the week. I haven't made chicken, tomato and lentil for a while - just the thing in this cold weather

Speaking of which: it's drizzling out

Comment

A fair bit of reading of various things done today, and a bit of mucking around with the state machine/SwiftUI stuff

Telly was some police thing from C5, and then a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Another Monday tomorrow, but at least I'm only doing four days this week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy morning. Slightly milder though, being already at 6°C. Unusually, that's also the high for today, as it'll drop down to 4° by lunchtime, then crawl back up to 5° when it gets dark

The barometers have plummeted overnight to 987/995mB, though I'm not sure that entirely justifies such odd behaviour

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Blue sky in parts.

Golden sun.

Damp.

Cold in here at 12.6 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

999.5 mBar, 29.515 in Hg, 749.686 Torr, 14.496 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of August 2019, long long ago, and far far away, before the plague, WTFH was preparing to delete some posts since a millennium was approaching, NF was feeling tired, LM was feeling sleepy, and there was flooding near that Manchester though oPM was unaffected thereby.

Survived the dentistry. Two fillings, one replacing a failed root canal.

I didn't faint, which was good.

Lunch: mug of coffee (Tesco instant, pretty close to Nescafe Blend 37/Dark Gold that you can't get any more).

Walk (abbreviated) walked during which a glorious double rainbow was observed. Raining now. Quelle suprise.

Bolloxy bollox about the Ancient Aliens and the number 12, MJ12, the universe being a dodecahedron. The 12 stones of Callanish. Except, of course, that there are 13 stones in Callanish, with another at the centre. But don't let mere facts get in the way of bolloxy bollox.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: more bolloxy bollox about Ancient Aliens on Blaze. <click>

Joy of Painting S6 E2.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E6 Dodge Charger: is this the first of his expeditions to SepticLand? Can't remember.

Just to celebrate the tub o'lard going to Texas:

Yeah.

The colourfully attired one takes a train to Loch Ness.*

Alistair Campbell walking the Dales in Winter.*

*Well it was on, I actually read a book for most of it.

Abandoned Engineering. Brazil: Hell Island Ancietta Correctional Colony: prison riot, much death. Mineral Wells Tx: Barker Hotel, closed 1971, some nutters attempting to reopen it. Ireland: Castle Island much admired by W. D. Yeats apparently, burned down in 1947, owned by another nutter. South Korea: some sort of neo Confucian college thing.

History's Greatest Myths. Leaders & Leadership: JFK: various myths, the magic bullet, the lone gunman etc. King Arthur. Dear old Adolph: apparently Adoph's Caff & Bar is just a myth. Who killed Olaf Palmer, the Swedish PM. The Illuminati.

The Disappearance (1978) with Donald Sutherland and his 3rd Mrs. who spent a lot of time without clothes on. Lots of flashbacks. Not sure it amounted to much in the end. I watched it because John Hurt was in it.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2023, 00:07.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X