• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been pork chops with chips and beans

Comment

My suspicions were confirmed tonight and two hedgehogs were caught together on one camera. We’ve only seen one at any time for the last few weeks

Now TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, which is a bit of a mouthful. I wasn't sure if I'd seen this one before until they showed the ridiculous gauge stuck to one side of the windscreen that got in the way when you turned the steering wheel

Then the gold diggers did their usual thing, some better than others.

And finally, an episode of The Repair Shop - no monarchs in it, but there was a very fine mechanical dog that flipped burgers

Getting an early night now, ahead of a lie-in tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy start to the first day of the rest of my life. Mild though, being 16°C currently and possibly soaring to 17° later. The barometers are heading down again at 1001/1008mB

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp. Heavy rain overnight. No current precipitation.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cooler in here at 17.4 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 17 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 76% RH.

Friday.

Meanwhile in the evening of 11th February 2019 NF programmed stuff, whilst elsewhere Nothing Much Happened.

Oooer, Mrs. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warmish sunshine.

Yesterday the toadstools were epic but the light was poor, today the light is brilliant and the toadstools have turned to mush.

Ho fecking hum.

Lunch: scrambled egg with poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91* pints of good Glengette tea.

Entertainment: The Archive Hour waffling on about 100 years of the Beeb. We've just reached Pinter & Beckett.

That became remarkably tedious as it approached Real Time. .

I wonder what joys TWAO will offer. .

Now a trail for a programme about a chap with a worm in his brain.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

More gardening: tidying up the leaves, removing the phlox, hacking yet more brambles, mowing my lawn with IC next door's petrol mower. Well I bought it & the fecking petrol so why the feck not?

Tea: battered cod, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E6 1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero: back in black. Bought: $4k5, total: $18k, sold $20k.

Ghosts S3 E6.

Outback Car Hunters: this pair of Ozzie lunies have found a Ford Falcon XM delivery van in WA. It's Very Red. That's WA not the car.

Feck me, there's just the body, so they buy another Falcon as a donor car. .

And there's rust. Lots of rust. Lots and lots and lots of rust.

The sort of rust that Wheeler Dealers deals with is nothing compared with this rust: it's proper rust. Since the car has no axles and wheels, the body sat on the ground for decades which, oddly enough, makes it rust.

Sold for Aud $26k5. About £15k.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85% (84.998%).
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2022, 20:57.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy but dry. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Slight chance of rain this morning with the sun forecast to make an appearance this afternoon. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Another tired start to the day even though I slept quite well and didn't go to bed horribly late.

Comment

This morning I have to present on the fortnightly sprint demo session. Essentially say what we did / didn't achieve out of our goals and then hand over to the people who actually did the work to demo their wares. Then I have to say what the next sprints goals are.

Our pod is #4 on the agenda, out of 6.

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 280750Z AUTO 26012KT 9999 FEW011 14/12 Q1011

Bit windy with gusts of 30kts forecast.

Sean Bean's character is still alive with (I think) 3 episodes to go in the current (2022) season.

TFIF!

Comment

I have just enough time before our daily stand up to get another coffee.

Comment

Working...
                      X