• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been down a rabbit warren on the web and realised with disappointment that I had forgotten to let Nick know of an event worthy of MLFTB at the end of June this year.
    24th of June was the 40th anniversary of Speedbird 9, the BA747 that lost all 4 engines due to volcanic ash over Indonesia.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch was reheated leftovers from Sunday's portion control fail: a couple of roast potatoes and some roast lamb, with vestiges of gravy and mint sauce

Comment

Still not got a lot to do

Comment

Comment from ClientGov meeting: "Thanks to the [website] content team for being available last night to update the ministerial pages… they seem to have been doing that a lot lately."

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Tea, as was foretold, was oniony chicken casserole and very tasty

The car earlier was a yellow Saab 96 from 1973. Then some more gold hunters were starting their seasons, all seeming reasonably satisfied with their varying levels of success.

And then the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Getting an early night now so I can make an early start on the last day of the gig tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Dark and rainy out, though I suppose it's fairly mild at 14°C. The rain is expected to peter out around lunchtime, and the temperature to rise to 18°; and the barometers are up at 1005/1013mB

The last day commences!

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp. Just started raining. It's a very fine rain that you almost can't see but will certainly get you wet! Currently 15 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Once this shower is over, that should be it for rain today. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Very tired this morning. Was out in Soho at an Italicus themed cocktail evening then had dinner. Got home shortly before midnight.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Yesterday's washing decision proved correct.

Cooler in here at 17.3 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 76% RH.

Thursday apparently.

Yet another job dream I was glad to wake from.

Meanwhile back in the preplague day of 11th February 2019, NF's parents were out of hospital, and I had an exciting ride home on the X5 with the would be rally driver.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloomy dark dank drizzle.

For the first time I can recall I saw some of these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fly+...h=746&dpr=1.25

Well there's a thing.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just had someone knocking on the door asking if I wanted magic heat retaining glass.

Well, no I don't. The dish farm upstairs wouldn't work any more.

Entertainment: Y&Y about stealing houses: it went <click>.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E5 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4: Gosh. Bought for $6k5, total $8k9, sold for $12k. So that's how you change lifters: a magic tool.

Car SOS: Austin 7 Chummy.

No new Trucking Hell for Yet Another Week.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E3: "baby Ferrari". WTF? R reg (1997?) 20V Turbo Fiat Coupe. Bought for £2750. Shouldn't it have rusted away by now? Just askin' like. Total spend: £3710: timing belt, water pump, sports manifold, hybrid turbo, water spray cooling for intercooler, sold: £6k.

I actually enjoyed that ep. They got 308 bhp out of it after all the work (up from 184 at the start), 316 bhp with the water spray engaged.

It was faster than a Ferrari something or other with a 3+ litre engine.

Taxed & tested until next year.

5+1: "Lost Worlds": Detroit.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2022, 08:22.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X