• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip of the day: if you spot a rotting apple on the ground (having picked up another 20 apples since this morning), check it for wasps. Just because you haven’t been stung so far doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
    Right now if I was to “flick the bird” at someone, they would think I was just waving, given the swelling in my middle finger.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Anthisan, and now TFBSZ

Comment

Tea was ribs and chips

And that was accompanied by an old 24 Hours in A&E which brought me to the end of the nine-year-old ones, at least until All4 sticks some more of them up. I then tried a more recent one (S10, I think) but I'd seen it before, or at least one of the patients - the baronet wine dealer

And finally, it was the end of the opal hunters' season as summer arrived. The usual mix of luck but they all seemed happy enough

I haven't done as much with my day off as I'd hoped as I'm still feeling a bit run down from this ear infection, though at least it's definitely getting much better now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Bright yet cloudy. Showers intermittent. As usual, it's 27 now and a high of 29 expected.

Packing is mostly done. We are skipping hotel breakfast today in favour of a short walk to a well regarded place that does nasi lemak. We leave for the airport at about 2pm local time. We have three, maybe four, lounges to test at Changi airport before our flight departs.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but not so warm at 12°C, and there seems to be a bit of a breeze too. Barometers are steady at 1017/1025mB and it may soar to 21° later

Comment

Morning all
              Very starry night with a strong breeze has given way to a lovely morning. (Good flying conditions for anyone heading out of Cardiff)

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cool in here at 20.5 deg.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.1 Torr, 14.79 psi (up from 1018 last night), 71% RH.

Tuesday.

The squirting of bleach down the sink overflow seems to have removed the obnoxious smell from the leanto. It was quite unpleasant.

Meanwhile in the halcyon day of December 12th 2018, I watched "Blown Away (1994)", NF didn't watch anything to give his ear a rest, and WTFH was sampling expensive whisky.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the cool breeze & not very warm sunshine.

After that chap cleared all the litter from the road up the hill, lo! some scrotes left a carrier bag full of their crap near the res.

To avoid the contents spreading hither & thither I took said carrier bag & placed it next to the litter bin.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it got too irritating & went <click>

Got toothache in my shoulders again. It's the pressups.

Dave getting exercised about assembler programming. Starts at 12:49. .

"You've chosen the wrong chip": yup easy to say when the chip was chosen 10 or more years before and now has about 15 bytes of free ROM left. .

I remember going through the Alarm Telephone assembler and chopping out returns that weren't required to allow the code to drop through to the next routine and gain two bytes of memory by commenting out the RET and the CALL.
                Code:
                CALL FRED
                CALL FRED!

FRED:
                ;do something
                RET

FRED1:
                ;do something else
                RET
                I have no idea why it was written the way it was but there you go.

Then again they used a home made cross assembler on a Mac which was pretty surreal.

The source file was stuffed full of conditional assembly to generate various versions which made debugging fun.

Then again where have I encountered "Julians_Led_Test" before or since?

I was quite proud of the IR zapper software that controlled the lab projector when it used a mere 240 words of PIC assembler to do the job. That required counting machine cycles to get the 38kHz IR duty cycle correct.

Kitchen floor washed.

Cupboard under the sink washed out & it needed it.

Dunno why there are 4 bottles of CIF, but there you go, five if you count the one in the bathroom. Won't need to buy any of that for a while.

Or small bottles of PVA. No idea why there's two of those.

The Pink Stuff seems less able to clear the tea stains off the cupboard door than CiF manages.

Many irritated spiders made off to hide somewhere else.

House roughly vacced. Even more spiders upset.

Tea: breaded haddock battered cod lightly dusted plaice from M&S BBE 2020ish (it tastes a bit old), the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S12 E1 Pontiac GTO. 400 cu in V8 with triple carbs & two speed auto box.

https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/...i-power-story/

Stone me, 6mpg (admitted small septic gallons but still). And a 3 carb setup for $90. Them, as they say, were the days.

That's 7.2 miles per imperial gallon apparently. I can see why he didn't drive it to California.

The Sweeney S1 E3 "Thin Ice". Jack steals someone's dog. .

The Sweeney S1 E4 "Queen's Pawn": Jack doing a psyops thing on a scumbag goes wrong for one and right for the other. Din't like that one much.

The Rookie S2 E6 "Fallout": the 29 minutes to a nuclear strike one: false alarm oddly enough. Which got the boring court thing curtailed.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E8: a chap with Brooke Spiegler syndrom: nasty looking lumps on his head due to genetic defect, lady with very bad dermatitis on her hands: hyperkeratotic palmar dermatitis, lady with a lump on her jawline: lipoma.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2022, 09:10.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The nasi lemak from Coconut Club in Kampong Glam was very good.

Arrived at the airport before the Qatar desk was opened for check in.

Directed to a frankly sub-par lounge and I was not happy. We were entitled to enter the Qantas and BA lounges but they were not open. We moved lounges to the Qantas Business lounge as soon as possible and will move onto the BA lounge shortly. There is a Qantas First lounge we can also use, which we will visit if time allows.

Comment

33 usable windfalls overnight (and another half dozen that were too bruised/rotten)

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 300820Z AUTO 07012KT 9999 FEW040 16/11 Q1024=

Bit breezy but pleasant enough outside.

Wordle - done
                      Worldle - done
                      Nerdle - done
                      Heardle - Fail
                      Phrazle - done

Comment

Working...