• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Goodness me, I've just discovered that Wheeler Dealers is on from 08:00 to 15:00 today. More grease and oil than a sensible person could possibly cope with.
    I wonder if it's the ones they're going to repeat at teatime in the weeks to come, or the ones they already did? Both, probably, given how often it's on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I wonder if it's the ones they're going to repeat at teatime in the weeks to come, or the ones they already did? Both, probably, given how often it's on
      Yes. Several of the eps I've watched on a Saturday subsequently turn up during the week & vice versa.

In particular the one about the Porsche with that Ant chap that was on about 3 weeks ago in the evening.

Earlier in the day they seem to put on stuff from closer to the start of the series, there was one from S2 last week: two half hour eps.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all,

METAR EGFF 271620Z AUTO 16004KT 110V190 9999 NCD 23/11 Q1019=

Wind varying between 110 and 190, No Cloud Detected

What a day! Was all set for a cheeky day trip to Guernsey (furthest venture yet) - route all planned, customs declaration done and aircraft all checked out when someone else who'd left a short time previous (also headed to the same place) returned stating that there was a wall of cloud just by Minehead right along the coast that he didn't like the look of. So we abandoned Plan A and with it the lure of cheap fuel and duty free booze and decided we needed a new target. Wellesbourne was selected, planned and a flight plan submitted. All fine until we got just past Cinderford, next to where there's a massive S bend in the Severn, and there it was - the wall of cloud. Climbed up a bit but there didn't seem a decent route over it and so had a peak under it but nope. Couldn't find a safe way through it (I can legally fly in cloud but it's a) no fun and b) f**king exhausting). So we decided to head back to Cardiff only to find it was rush hour when we got close so got stuck orbiting over Barry for ages.

Oh well, will have another go next Saturday.

Comment

When I looked on FR24 last evening there were two planes circling over mid Wales, one of which was a Hercules which then proceeded to fly over the Neath valley on its merry way somewhere else.

The other thing was RAF too and that was making perfect circles over much the same sort of area.

Today's excitement was the Air Ambulance returning to Llanelli.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 August 2022, 17:18.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice too

Though I think I might start going to the other Chinese more often, as they're just as good as each other for the most part and the other one hasn't put its prices up as much

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with some sunshine poking through. Forecast is for sunshine and showers. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected.

Off for a mooch around Kampong Glam today.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Overcast.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 21.1 deg.

1016.5 mBar, 30.02 in Hg, 762.4 Torr, 14.74 psi, (up from 1014.5 last night & the night before), 72% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile in the depths of 10th December 2018, someone had asked if there were any 40 pin DIL wirewrap sockets available about 3 months after they were all thrown away, whilst NF was dismayed to find a software upgrade had bricked his Mac, and the shwarma place had dispensed a chicken whatever instead of the lamb thing he'd ordered.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The food programme.

TWTW.

Two front lawns mown, mine being replete with a colony of clover which is a right bitch to mow, whereas next doors has a colony of flowering weeds which are much easier to mow.

The rambling rose next door needs hacking back again since I haven't bothered much with it this year, plus there's some ash seedlings that need chopping back again.

Also mowed next door's clover patch on the back lawn since if I leave it too long It's A Right Bitch to Mow. .

Another two buckets of apples, almost the final couple of the season, consigned to the compost heap, bringing the total so far to 98 buckets, a record.

If I could be arsed, there's at least another bucket in the phlox but they're difficult to extract.

Tea: Morrisons Best Of sausages (non Cumberland but very nice) with some rashers of bacon & onion gravy (not that much of the bacon reached the plate but there you go, I don't do delayed gratification overmuch), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

One notes that series one of The Blind Frog Ranch thing has appeared on DMAX rather than Blaze. I didn't bother watching much of it but they're digging a large hole for some reason, and it's full of water.

Entertainment: Alias S5 E16 "Reprisal": wherein some of the team are captured and tortured to make them hack into some computer system or other and locate a cave wherein Yet Another Rambaldi artifact resides.

Alias S5 E17 "All the time in the world": wherein Sloane achieves his heart's desire, Sydney is orphaned, & everything ends happily.

Alias bonus stuff.

More Alias bonus stuff on the Red dvd.

The End.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2022, 22:08.

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X