• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundane laundry done

Comment

Many bottles bagged and boxed ready for moving.

Towels washed.

Trying to decide for how long I want to hire a Zipcar on Saturday to move things about. Maybe 4 hours will be enough to start with.

Comment

Tea was lamb scouse with a thick end of seedy bloomer

Accompanied by a full-length new episode of The Repair Shop, after which I also watched a pocket-sized one

And then went on to the CUK server and deleted a couple of large folders of stuff left over from when we upgraded it, because it was out of memory

In fact, I deleted one earlier and the second just now, as it had already filled up again. I think admin needs to have a look for something that's filling it up, because it oughtn't to have used all that space so quickly

Very tired all of a sudden; I don't think this tooth is helping

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Shortly dropping dad off at the station so he can go up to that there London to watch tennis tomorrow, when some of us will be back at work.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky. No fluff to be seen. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Rain forecast between 1200 and 1500 after which the sun is due to return. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Comment

Oh, it's back. Was getting 504 error all yesterday evening.

Morning.

Damply dry.

Greyish while wanly sunny.

Much less windy.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg.

1011 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1003 yesterday), 73% RH.

Monday.

Very odd dream before waking.

Telex machine gleaming brightly.

One has just been StreetViewed(tm).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

One noted that the deal on Heinz(tm) soup has disappeared. Gone from 4 for £3 to £1.35 a can. .

Entertainment: The bottom line (calm down xogg) on R4 all about petrol forecourts and suchlike. Who knew it was so complicated?

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about 2nd homes until the Welsh Government woman came on with one of those dr o pping ou t telephone lines (presumably the usual irritating interweb one) came on, whereupon it went <click>.

Curiously, it would appear that the plant, previously identified as an Early Purple Orchid, isn't, it being more likely to be a Southern Marsh Orchid, which makes more sense considering the garden would have been part of a marsh 230 years ago, before the canal was buiilt.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away, not out of necessity but rather to see how the price of Heinz soups compared: 95p rather than £1.35.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Mitchum.

Farscape S3 E20 "Into the lion's den part one: lambs to the slaughter".

Tea: more of the cumberland sausage with carrots & onions, some stewed gooseberries and custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E26 Landcruiser FJ60. Sort sort of Land Rovery type thing apparently.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 June 2022, 18:04.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey drizzly start out, and expected to continue so through lunchtime. Currently 13°C with 19° possible when it brightens up a little mid-afternoon, and the barometers are up a little more at 1005/1013mB

My upstairs neighbours appear to be moving out. Always unsettling, having to wait and see who turns up in their stead

Comment

The sky was blue and is now turning grey. Apparently there will be rain soon.

Current temperature is apparently 17 degrees.

The refuse collectors are doing their job.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Finally got through to the dental surgery where, weirdly, they said they have no dentists on at the moment and are farming their patients out to another practice nearby. Anyway, the other place is able to see me this afternoon, so let's hope they're able to do something

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Finally got through to the dental surgery where, weirdly, they said they have no dentists on at the moment and are farming their patients out to another practice nearby. Anyway, the other place is able to see me this afternoon, so let's hope they're able to do something

You know my dental practice's mind.

Need to make a dental appointment.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X