• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Savills are refusing to return the deposit on my old flat because I had the audacity to change banks last year. Apparently repayments can only be made to the bank the funds were originally sent from. Just checking all the documents I signed to determine if I was ever told that I must maintain the same bank account for the lifetime of the tenancy.
    Pretty sure the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations don't include any such provision

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-p...s-and-problems

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Pretty sure the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations don't include any such provision

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-p...s-and-problems
      I am 100% certain of that! It's just them being arses. My landlady did not have a good word to say about them.

Comment

I am 100% certain of that! It's just them being arses. My landlady did not have a good word to say about them.
        Somewhere on the gov.uk pages it says that if you tell them you're going to raise a dispute, they'll often pay you to save themselves the legal costs. It doesn't explain why they thought it was a good idea to implement a system where you have to do that to get your money back

Comment

Tea has been spag bol, and was delicious as always

Comment

Somewhere on the gov.uk pages it says that if you tell them you're going to raise a dispute, they'll often pay you to save themselves the legal costs. It doesn't explain why they thought it was a good idea to implement a system where you have to do that to get your money back
            I've told Savills the account was closed in September last year, so it's up to them to tell me what evidence they need to be happy the deposit is being returned correctly. They have 10 days to return the money on behalf of my ex landlady.

They use Tenancy Deposit Service to record the deposits so I've also contacted them asking if this is normal practice. As the dispute service is supposed to mediate when tenants and landlords fall out, I'm not sure what their scope is when it's the letting agency being rubbish after being told by the landlord to return the deposit in full.

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've told Savills the account was closed in September last year, so it's up to them to tell me what evidence they need to be happy the deposit is being returned correctly. They have 10 days to return the money on behalf of my ex landlady.

They use Tenancy Deposit Service to record the deposits so I've also contacted them asking if this is normal practice. As the dispute service is supposed to mediate when tenants and landlords fall out, I'm not sure what their scope is when it's the letting agency being rubbish after being told by the landlord to return the deposit in full.
                IANAL but from what I've read, the basic principle is that it's the landlord's responsibility to ensure the deposit is returned, so they'd probably say it was still down to the landlord to cough up and sort it out with the letting agency.

Comment

The car earlier was a Range Rover Mk. III, which I think we can all agree is a Good Thing

Whilst dining, I watched some thing about motorway cops, as opposed to Highways Agency traffic officers

And then the opal hunters had their usual mix of mishaps and good fortune, followed by pound shop Oak Island, aka The Mystery of Blind Frog Ranch. Seems to me that the real mystery is why this programme was ever made

Goodnight all

Comment

ollowed by pound shop Oak Island, aka The Mystery of Blind Frog Ranch. Seems to me that the real mystery is why this programme was ever made
                    ^^^It's Discovery/History/Whatever innit. as in "This way to the Egress" (c) P. T. Barnum.

Morning.

Dry.

Imminently sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Stupidly early.

Chilly at 20.6 deg in here. Winter's on its way.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 67% RH.

Tuesday.

Apparently two recent phone calls were from some text to speech thingie that's used to emit warnings of dire things.

Unfortunately I don't answer the landline any more.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Carrying the brolly successfully kept the rain off until the last 200 yards when the drizzle returned.

TV Times purchased despite the drizzle.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S15 E12 1971 Chevrolet C10 pickup truck: or how to spend $7k on bits & pieces.

One of which: https://www.performanceonline.com/Hy...t-Booster-Kit/

Never knew such things exist.

And the 4 barrel electronic fuel injection looks expensive too.

https://www.serckmotorsport.co.uk/pr...SABEgJ3bPD_BwE

Which it is.

Not to mention the upgraded 4 speed auto box & torque converter.

Volcano thing: Italian volcanoes.

30 buckets of windfalls have met the compost heap (it may be 33 but I think I lost count somewhere).

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Farscape S4 E19 "We're so screwed: Foatal attraction".

Wheeler Dealers S10 E Porsche Boxster: fecked brakes, mould, bought for £1k: what could possibly go wrong?

That brake disc refinishing machine was magic.

Another car I'd never buy.

FBI S1 The Rookie S2 E1 "Impact". WTF was going on at the end of S1 is now a complete & utter mystery to me.

Alias S2 E17 "A dark turn": more Rambaldi manuscripts located. Irina turns her coat.

Alias S2 E18 "Truth Takes Time": Someone dies again, this time for good.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 July 2022, 22:50.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, so much better than that unpleasant heat recently. Currently a mere 14°C, an expected high of just 21°, and a chance of light rain shortly. Barometers are bouncing back though, at 1012/1019mB

Comment

Working...
                      X