• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found (and fixed) a data issue prior to a demo this afternoon...

Will need to check the scraper after the demo to find out what the cause is (seems to be a race condition where it returns some updated values to their original versions in some circumstances. I suspect it's going to be a bugger to identify and fix).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was M&S Southern not-fried chicken drumsticks left over from the other night

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A while ago, actually, but while I was out a Teams alert popped up on my watch. A rather interesting problem had been uncovered. But I investigated when I got back, worked out what had occurred, and decided there's nothing to be done about it tonight

So I'm watching the car programme, which is about a Humvee, and TBH not that interesting - I like the bits they usually have about rebuilding engines and gearboxes and so on, but this one is about dull stuff like fitting a water heater in the back so you can go camping in it

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas, and very tasty it was too

Accompanied by Trucking Hell, because there was a Crouch Recovery service van stopped at the pedestrian crossing at lunchtime, which reminded me I had a few episodes of that still in the bank

Comment

Bit of gardening, dug up some concrete blocks amongst other small jobs. Now TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing has been part one of House of Maxwell and my word, what a singularly unpleasant person the Bouncing Czech was

Wonder how the happy wanderers are getting on in Monaco? They clearly can't afford the Internet access over there

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                CBS, etc, although it was only 7oC when we went out on our walk, but it looks like it's going to be a warm one
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey start, but mild enough for the time of year at 7°C with 13° and slightly sunnier conditions expected by lunchtime. Barometers are still heading up at 1015/1023mB

I was woken (well, about 80% woken) betimes by an unsettling dream. However, as soon as I achieved a modicum of consciousness, I immediately worked out what it was about; just fretting about some fairly trivial household admin I've been putting off. Seems a bit of a waste to concoct such a perturbing confection of symbolism over such a minor matter, o subconscious mind of mine

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly at 15 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg,764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1014 and a bit last night), 71% RH.

Tuesday.

The cleaning of the springs seems to have induced an unusual degree of fatigue this morning , along with worsening the dermatitis.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the warm sunshine. Truly & utterly knackered now. .

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with the last of the Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt (BBE 19/5/22, sticking 3 sets of 4 rouinds in the freezer seems to have worked rather well in the avoidance of The Blue), red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on about ATMs, cash, magick phones that pay for stuff, & things like that.

Oooo, post #349449. Wot a thing.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 84%. .

Enterainment: Discovering Morgan "Voice of God" Freeman.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape s1 E17 "Through the looking glass": the multidimension one.

"Rise of the super castles: Ancient Engineering" on 5 Select.

FBI S1 E10 "The armourer 's faith" on Pick.

The Hermit of Treig on BBC Scotland.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 April 2022, 19:13.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth, with a mix of leftover wholemeal crusts and a slice of multiseed

Turned quite sunny out now

Comment

Working...
                      X