• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch earlier was sardine toasties

And just now, inspired by yesterdays long MOT-related treks: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

TBH I cheated by leaving the app running on my watch after I got home and started sorting stuff out in the kitchen until it closed the ring

But a pleasant enough walk. I went over to the nearby road that I moved to about 39 years ago, which is another of those roads to nowhere - anywhere you want to go that isn't actually on it is easier to get to by other routes.

A week or so after I'd moved there, some friends who lived nearby came over to visit. They'd remembered the number incorrectly and first went to a house near the top of the road. "This is a very nice place he's found himself" they were saying to each other as they walked up the drive and, finding the front door unlocked, walked in to an impressive hallway. A gentleman emerged from a nearby room and politely asked if he could help them, and they explained that they were looking for me, who'd just moved in to one of the bedsits. He smiled and said that he thought they must have the wrong house - because he was the Bishop of Leicester, and he hadn't felt the need to start letting out rooms just yet

Comment

Tonight's plod-related viewing was To Catch a Copper E3, in which yet more dodgy coppers don't seem to get punished as much as they deserve

And then part one of The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth about the loss of Columbia

Whatever lurgy seemed to be preying on me last week but then receded has decided to return, possibly with a vengeance; temperature's rising, and I've had a stinking headache for much of the day. I just hope it decides it can't be bothered after all and moves on

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey rainy start today. Currently 8°C and aiming for 12°, with he barometers sharply down to 994/1002mB

The lurgy seems to have finally resolved itself into a cold of some kind, judging by my rather bunged-up nose

Comment

Morning all
          Filthy out, but still managed a 5km walk. Now stripped down and in my schlompers, hoping there isn't a stand up call later.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Windy.

Very wet.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1000.5 mBar, 29.5547 in Hg, 750.436 Torr, 14.511 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of August 2019 it was still described as "Summery" in summary.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about POA and faulty computers from Currys.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86%.

Canadian customs thing: more septics with guns, all legal for a change. The usual turnarounds for DUI etc. A robber returned from septicland after 2 years to answer a warrant for arrest.

Oz Customs: chinese "food" again. Some of the food has chitin, as in beetles, apparently one boils it up with other "medicine" and feeds it to babies. No wonder their population is decreasing. . Woman bringing in 10 vials of human growth hormone, who knew that was a thing? WTF? UK resident of Sudanese origin off on his hols, 3 months in Sudan, then attempting to have 2.5 months in Oz: meanwhile we are paying benefits to his wife & two children here: back on the plane with the waster. Obviously a great contributor to GNP. .

Late afternoon walk walked: abbreviated due to a previously unencountered overflow of the leat. Turned back & retraced my steps since I didn't want wet feet.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> More bollox on Yesterday: the Taunton Halt Line.

UFO Hunters on Blaze. <click>

Dan Do.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Chap with discoid eczema: steroid cream and some injection or other. Woman with a recalcitrant lipoma which doesn't want to leave. Got a seroma after the surgery. Woman with a combination of rosacea and seb dermatitis.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with a bump on his thigh near his buttock that makes taking a crap somewhat difficult. Woman with a big cyst on her forehead. Loved the bright yellow facemask goop the good Dr endured.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2024, 23:06.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Raining. Windy. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 expected. Rain due to continue until lunchtime, turning intermittent and possibly even stopping early evening. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Yea olde jalopy has been dropped off at the garage to see if they can fathom why it's taken to misting up. My brother reckons it could be the condenser or the pump for the air conditioning system.

Comment

Well, after not going to a site for almost 2 years, been asked today to do a visit next week.
                Off to Italy for a few days.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: Heinz chicken soup with seedy bloomer toast

Still rather lurgified. Headache is just about under control with paracetamol, and although I had a 38°C temperature for a bit yesterday evening, it's down nearer 37° now. Feeling very tired though

Comment

Group walk this morning. Very wet. All old ladies as usual. Where have all the blokes gone?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Got a wierd call, probably from scammer, that somebody had been arrested and had given them my name and address. Can't see how scam is involved as they did not ask for any details, not that I would have given them anyway.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X