• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An email arrived from the management company for the estate, about a plan to gradually increase the reserve fund over the coming years due to anticipated future expenditure. Fair enough.

There's a spreadsheet attached detailing when it's thought work will be required, ranging from a tree survey and any necessary pruning etc. next year, to the replacement of the front doors to the block which is expected to happen in 2069. Nice to know they're looking ahead, and I hope I'm still around to see the new doors

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a bit of old Police Interceptors

Comment

No further telly tonight as I instead resumed reading Pax, in which the Romans nearly managed to subjugate Caledonia - but Trouble in the Balkans meant they had to pull their legions back and send them down there instead, so they didn't

Early night now, ahead of the final day's work of the year tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy start to the day, and a bit breezy too. It's unclear how cloudy it is though, as it's still too dark for the sky to be anything but dark grey. Still mild for the time of year at 6°C, though not getting any higher than 8°, and the barometers are up a small amount at 988/996mB

Last day of work for this year!

Once again, the value of getting an early night is shown by the fact that I was able to get up on the first alarm and don't feel knackered already as a result. I will no doubt forget this lesson by the time work rolls around again in the New Year, as I have so many times before

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry (as in it's not currently raining).

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 deg in the leanto.

1000.5 mBar, 29.545 in Hg, 750.44 Torr, 14.511 psi, (up from 995 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of August 2019 NF went to the Chinese & it was Very Nice as usual, his prior absence having been noted a little white lie was told, Films of the day include "From the earth to the moon", the book of same being dug out from somewhere, whilst I watched 20 mins of "Faceoff", gave up & watched "Ghostrider" instead.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line in the sunshine.

Smalls and cords in the WM.

Smalls and cords pegged out on the line in the sunshine.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Since it's clouded over somewhat the shirts are now in off the line & gracing the TD.

Lunch: scrambed egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something, oh yes, medicinal cannabis.

TWATO.

The Tea thing at 13:45.

Forgot to listen to the Reith lecture this morning so that can amuse me whilst I iRon the shirts.

Discovered a leaking tin of chopped tomatoes which had merrily eaten its way out: now consigned to the compost heap along with an opened packet of cornflower which appeared to have an insect of some description inside it.

Thusly that kitchen cupboard is now a good deal cleaner than it was.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Rather than the Reith lecture, it was a continuation of The Infinite Monkey Cage S15 Oceans: what remains to be discovered. Quite a lot it would appear.

Along with the start of The Infinite Monkey Cage S15 The Human Story: How we got from there to here.

Since it's sunset, smalls in off the line & in the TD to finish off.

Freecell score: 90%, running average:86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%: classic one this: it was down to 20% at one point. .

Dr Pimple Popper: a chap who had retinoblastoma & is blind. He has multiple lipomas. Lipoma on his chest removed: it was large. Woman with steatocystoma multiplex: popping well. Chap with an egg shaped birthmark on the back of his head.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 December 2023, 18:50.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp, misty/drizzly rain that will most likely last all day. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that's the high for the day. Barometer up a smidge to 1002 mBar.

This morning I took the car over to Acton for a full service, then took the Overground to Brompton Road wherein I walked to St Stephen's Centre for my last flu trial check in of the year. Then walked up to Earls Court to take the District Line back home, after stopping at LEON for a spot of breakfast (take away).

Now in the home office thinking that I ought to do all the things I told the client was doing.

Comment

Last standup of the year done. I have allocated myself some suitably easy work, tidying up a couple of utility scripts that are quite important but will only ever need to be run a couple of times, and documenting usage of same. As I wrote them and am the only person who understands how they work and why they exist, it seems sensible to document them so that they'll still be of some use if I get run over by Santa's sleigh - we have a sleigh factor of one on this project

Comment

Lunch: mixed charcuterie butties; no crisps this time, as there was a quite a lot and it Needed to be Eaten™

Comment

My Dad's fallen downstairs. Luckily, my brother and his wife had gone down to visit him and arrived not long after, so at least they can look after him during the interminable wait for an ambulance

He was probably trying to avoid the stairlift he and my Mum spent a fortune having installed the other year so they wouldn't fall downstairs

He's complaining of pain in his left hip, so it's possible he's broken it, having broken the right one the other year. Just have to wait and see. It's his 92nd birthday tomorrow too

Comment

That's work done for the year!

Comment

Working...
                      X