• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Chilly at 16.8 deg in here & all the windows are steamed up.

1029 mbar, 30.386 in Hg, 771.8 Torr, 73% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming this morning.

Quite a restless night not helped much by a dream about a girlfriend from half a fecking century ago.

WTF that was all about is beyond me.

Then an even stranger dream about a stream running beside the house & all the back gardens being tarmac.

Most odd.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Still sunny, still blue sky, still chilly.

First order placed with screwfix.

Turns out the hibernating phone still receives texts.

Turns out the chromebook doesn't know what my brother laser printer is.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt crust toasted, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: it's apples and oranges: NZ$400 (it's gone up from NZ$200).

Trip to Screwfix & B&Q done.

Turns out you don't need to click & collect at Screwfix any more, but I'd done it anyway and this time the shelf brackets are The Right Ones.

Then on to B&Q to return The Wrong Ones and buy some more stuff.

Shelving duly installed in the garage.

Tea: more of the roast chicken & sausage, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Henry Fonda.

Joy of Painting: didn't quite fall asleep for this one.

The thing I was going to watch on 4 wasn't on for some reason, but I found some obscure thing on Horror that is entitled "Arena". Apparently it's S1 E19 of something or other.

There's a chap in it who looks like one of the previous members of the forum.

The Oak Island nutjobbery S8 E6 "Seeing is Believing". Well that was fecking tedious.

NCIS S17 E14 "On Fire"
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2021, 21:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Amazing views of the milky way last night (other galaxies are available), and while this morning is a chilly 6.9C outside, it's a beautiful sunny day with mist in the valleys.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with some high level wispy fluff about. Dry and unlikely to rain. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 16 later. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

This morning my client-supplied laptop was running 4 minutes behind. I then connected to the VPN to sync the time service and it leapt up to 22 minutes fast before the 0900 sync did its job and corrected things.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        'Juliana' the first steam-powered ferry begins operation from New York harbour 1811

Comment

Morning denizens

The sun is over the buildings opposite and it looks like being another bright morning

Bit chilly so far at 9°C but it'll warm up to 16° along with getting cloudier this afternoon. Barometers up the tiniest bit at 1023/1031mB

Comment

Mmmm...fig rolls

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in seeded flat bread. I didn't end up making mini toad-in-the-holes with the left over sausages...

Comment

Lunch: a bit of refried pork chow mein left over from Saturday night

Comment

spicy sausage and potato salad

IMDB tv has supplied Person of interest all 5 series so binge watching that.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk moderately briskly walked (alternative route), green ring closed

Comment

Working...
                      X