• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just took delivery of 4 oak staves to make guitar wall hangers - I only ordered 3, but I'm not complaining.

Now I need to order 6 neck hangers and then think about the design. This is the kind of thing I want to end up with:

best place for them, on a wall.
    just use 6 inch nails.

Comment

Chicken casserole (made in the Remoska) for tea

Comment

For tonight's telly, apart from a bit of the usual Traffic Cops whilst dining, I got around to watching the first two episodes of Time on iPlayer. Very good stuff

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunrise here.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Lovely blue sky, dry with no sign of overnight rain. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high later of 17. No rain expected. Barometer has leapt back up to 1011 mBar.

Slept ok, wasn't ready to wake up or get up when the appointed hour came.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            'Instagram', a mainstream photo and video-sharing social networking application, is founded 2010

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out. Currently 11°C with 16° predicted for the afternoon, no rain planned, and barometers jumping up to 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds with a hint of pink.

Chilly in here at 16.5 deg.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 72% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated due to the leat being a good foot lower than it was the last time I ventured that way) walked in the pleasant sunshine.

Since it's a nice day, a start was made on the lawns: 6 mown before lunch.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red pippy corner yog & another yog (to keep the energy up for the big feck off lawns of the afternoon), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the NZ Border Patrol: Chinese chap with a couple of kilos of Contac NT strapped to his legs: class C in NZ: 2 years in clink (there's a rhyme there but I'll forego it to avoid upsetting the snowflakes).

Argie chap coming to watch the Rugby World Cup: booking your ticket a mere day before flying sets their radar off, the poor sod was there for 3 hours for no real reason, then the mates he'd said he was meeting turned up off a different flight. Pissed off was putting it mildly.

Was amused by the goat inseminators returning from Texas, yeeeehaw!.

The food detector dog was funny, he really didn't want to leave a particular suitcase, brakes full on, being dragged along by his lead.

Turned out the suitcase was enhanced with some remarkably rotten kiwi fruit (coals to Newcastle?).

The remaining two lawns were duly mown.

Knackered now.

Nearly dead.

Send flowers.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage, the last of the tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Fred Astaire: inneresting enough if you like dancing.

Great British Railway Journeys with that Michael Portillo.

Joy of Painting. Om. After the day's exertions I suspect this may be more effective than usual.

Wake me if I snore too much.

What a choice, later, Samuel L. "Mother****er" Jackson on the Atlantic Slave Trade, or Dr Pimplepopper.

Followed by Dr Mercy: she's just removed a 19.8 lb lipoma.

And a neurofibramatoma sufferer who is absolutely plastered with tumours front & back, hardly any normal skin between them, poor lady.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2021, 21:42.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I just described someone as "he looks like he probably knows Prince Andrew"

It appears that is considered inappropriate.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've spent far too much time on calls today and have achieved very little as a result. The calls weren't scheduled so my day plan is totally up the swanny.

Lunch was the remains of the mushroom soup with a toasted and buttered slice of sourdough.

Comment

Lunch: corned beef butties with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Working...
                      X