• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Get a passport urgently: 1 week Fast Track service - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

£142 compared to £75 if you can wait 10 weeks.

That isn't a bad deal.
    Cheers eek. Too late now as already applied. Why didn't I notice that? Grrr.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sainsbury's can't deliver various things. Several substitutions on the beer front, which may reflect the state of the nation or just be something to do with how much beer was in the order. But sadly several of the requested storage jars are unavailable

Comment

A decision has been made

Eek Jr 1 is taking the apprenticeship...

So we will be charging rent (and throwing it in a savings account for when she decides to buy somewhere).
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Sainsbury's can't deliver various things. Several substitutions on the beer front, which may reflect the state of the nation or just be something to do with how much beer was in the order. But sadly several of the requested storage jars are unavailable
          See John Bull on Twitter: "Anyway. TLDR: When Supermarkets triage, good booze goes first. Less demand, and the big breweries throw their weight at the haulage markets to keep their generics on the shelves. So we're about 3 weeks from Boris trying to convince us all drinking Fosters is a patriotic duty." / Twitter for why the beer isn't there - it's one of the easiest things to shift to the next lorry.

Also your patriotic duty is now to drink Fosters and celebrate your new found lack of choice.

Or head into Leicester and find a decent beer seller.
          Last edited by eek; 13 August 2021, 12:17.

Comment

A decision has been made

So we will be charging rent (and throwing it in a savings account for when she decides to buy somewhere).

Congratulations!

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Comment

A decision has been made

Congratulations to her!

Shame about the horology though… would have been a pretty cool thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Congratulations to her!

Shame about the horology though… would have been a pretty cool thing to do
                  we've found courses at http://www.bhi.co.uk so it's not a complete no go for that area but more as a hobby than as a career.

Comment

Those courses are popular!

Comment

Smug mode engaged. Gubbins for my year end accounts have been sent over to my accountants, 13 days after my financial YE.

I could have sent them sooner, on the 10th when a final statement came in, but I didn't

Comment

Working...
                      X