• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocked off and awaiting Sainsbury's

A Crouch Recovery van just went past!

Comment

Delivery arrived, so that's all put away now

And with that done, let Friday evening commence! Celebrating with a raspberry jam doughnut, or maybe two

Comment

Tea: roast gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans. Very tasty

I'll now need to decide whether to make soup with the rest of the joint, or carve and freeze it for future meals. I think I've got one of the latter left and none of the former, so maybe soup is the way to go. But is there room for it?

Comment

I started watching some thing on Prime called Horizon Line which is supposed to be about some people in a light aircraft when the pilot dies and they have to work out how to land. But after five minutes it was just not-very-interesting backstory of said people, so I started skipping forward. They finally got into the plane at twenty minutes in. But it carried on with all this dialogue that contributed nothing, so I skipped a bit more. By twenty-five minutes in, the pilot was still alive and they'd started talking about his wife who'd died; given that he was about to die himself, I'm not sure why we needed so much detail about him. Anyway, by now I was a third of the way through and it hadn't even started yet, so I gave up on it. Do not recommend

And I couldn't be bothered with anything else, as I decided I'm quite tired after an early start so I'm going to go to bed and then have a lie-in tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a most refreshing night's sleep; woke up some time before seven and a couple of times after but just went back to sleep each time

It's a rather sunny start out, 16°C and maybe reaching 21° this afternoon, but it's predicted to cloud over more and there's a 40-50% chance of rain this afternoon. Barometers are up a sliver at 1011/1019mB

Comment

^^^ Alien invasion alarm! Alien invasion alarm!

NF has been substituted by a pod person who's awake before mid day on a Saturday!

Watch the Skies!

Morning.

Dark. Very dark.

Dreary. Very dreary.

Grey, dark dark grey.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Dank.

Damp.

Unpleasant.

19.8 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30.00 in Hg, 70% RH.

Saturday.

Just received my latest paper TV licence: if I pay you money, mofos, I want something in return.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I started watching some thing on Prime called Horizon Line which is supposed to be about some people in a light aircraft when the pilot dies and they have to work out how to land.
                Originally posted by imdb reviewer
                Completely unrealistic
                Probably the dumbest movie I have ever seen. Perfect for the average american.
                Succinct & accurate from the sound of it.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (84.085%).

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Ancient Aliens: The Returned" on Blaze.

I'm waiting for the NF pod person mention.

Ah, it was the hybrid ep, the end of which I'd seen previously.

Walk walked during which no abduction happened.

They've been busy cutting the hedgerows up the lane.

What a fecking mess.

Tea: the last portion of the fiery bol with spag, some very lumpy custard with stewed apple (I've got to eat it before the fridge fills up with it), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a little of "The spying game" by Michael Smith.

Some "Mystic Britain" nonsense on Smithsonian with that Clive Anderson chap & the woman off the last series of that channel 4 archaeology thing Time Team.

"The Lost Room (2006)" E1 (double ep). As weird as a weird thing.

An ep of "The A Team": "Pure Dee-poison" which seemed slightly less meh than others.

"Strange Disappearances" on Blaze: all about, oddly enough, strange disappearances where missing people turn up dead years later despite the search teams having searched the location previously.

A bit oddly reminiscent of something in the news recently.

Remarkably there appears not to be a list of the missing in US National Parks. Odd.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 August 2021, 21:12.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I started watching some thing on Prime called Horizon Line which is supposed to be about some people in a light aircraft when the pilot dies and they have to work out how to land. But after five minutes it was just not-very-interesting backstory of said people, so I started skipping forward. They finally got into the plane at twenty minutes in. But it carried on with all this dialogue that contributed nothing, so I skipped a bit more. By twenty-five minutes in, the pilot was still alive and they'd started talking about his wife who'd died; given that he was about to die himself, I'm not sure why we needed so much detail about him. Anyway, by now I was a third of the way through and it hadn't even started yet, so I gave up on it. Do not recommend

And I couldn't be bothered with anything else, as I decided I'm quite tired after an early start so I'm going to go to bed and then have a lie-in tomorrow

Goodnight all
                  Sounds like pretty much everything on TV or in books. Who cares about personality or background of characters? I just want the zombies to pop out in the first 2 minutes/pages.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright and dry. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer steady at 1020 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Aged 90, Italian sports car manufacturer Enzo Ferrari dies 1988

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      ^^^ Alien invasion alarm! Alien invasion alarm!

NF has been substituted by a pod person who's awake before mid day on a Saturday!

Watch the Skies!

It's the end of days!

Comment

Working...
                      X