• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope no-one deletes a post. That would be very disappointing.

Comment

Belated breakfast of a toasted teacake slathered in butter

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Yay!!!

off to delete some posts
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh no! You can try the expedited service but it costs a fair few bob.
          Get a passport urgently: 1 week Fast Track service - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

£142 compared to £75 if you can wait 10 weeks.

That isn't a bad deal.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

And in emails received in the last half hour - a job / apprenticeship offer for Eek Jr 1 from the VOA.

Just after she's looked round Birmingham and got very excited about the horology degree course. If only the offer had arrived last Friday not this Friday.
              Last edited by eek; 13 August 2021, 09:51.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                And in emails received in the last half hour - a job / apprenticeship offer for Eek Jr 1 from the VOA.

Just after she's looked round Birmingham and got very excited about the horology degree course. If only the offer had arrived last Friday not this Friday.
                Is she sticking with Horology or giving some thought to the apprenticeship? It's good to have options as long as you have time to properly mull them over.

Comment

Comment

Is she sticking with Horology or giving some thought to the apprenticeship? It's good to have options as long as you have time to properly mull them over.
                    Indeed. I had an offer of a trainee journalist job on the Biggleswade Chronicle in my back pocket, but decided to take the university place to study philosophy instead

Good thing really as the chap who did get the Biggleswade job was made redundant in cutbacks about a year later, before he'd even completed the training period

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Indeed. I had an offer of a trainee journalist job on the Biggleswade Chronicle in my back pocket, but decided to take the university place to study philosophy instead

Good thing really as the chap who did get the Biggleswade job was made redundant in cutbacks about a year later, before he'd even completed the training period
                      On the upside - it's unlikely there would be cut backs at the VOA but it's hard to work out what to do.

The issue is that it's it wouldn't have been an issue if the VOA hadn't screwed things up and pushed everything back a week until after the exam results came out.

Now everyone (I think there are 15 apprenticeships this year) will have made their plans and need to work out what to do, if it had been last week it was a possible university offer v a job - now it's a definite university offer v a job (and if you are like Jr 1, it's leaving home and doing something fun against being at home but well paid).
                      Last edited by eek; 13 August 2021, 10:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X