• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    ^^^ The editing problem seemed to crash something with a weird error screen. It got better about 10 minutes later.
    Apparently there was a problem of some kind yesterday morning which they think they've sorted out, so you may have bumped into that

Lunch has been a cold sausage (one of the large M&S ones leftover from Sunday) in a white bap. Nice enough

It begins: one of the other devs on the project has got an interview for another gig tomorrow. Their contracts end the first week of October, after which there'll just be me. Most development work is done on this project, so no extensions, but my contract runs until February.

I don't reckon we'll have this thing finally ready to hand over to whoever will run it in production until the end of October. But I'm hopeful that they'll find something else for me to work on for the remaining duration of the contract, so I won't have to worry until at least early next year and possibly after that

Comment

That's quite enough for one day

Not sure how, but I've done something to my back during the course of the day. It's not the usual lower back thing (which I think is gradually improving with the new mattress) nor the problem up near the neck where I pulled a muscle or something. More around the middle, and it feels like it's the muscles either side rather than spinal

Ah well, let's hope it clears up soon. I just hope it isn't my new mouse. I got one of those "vertical" ones and it's been much better for my neck and shoulder, as well as my arm and hand. So it'll be quite annoying if it turns out to be crippling me in a completely new way never previously achieved by any other mouse

Comment

Tea has been meatballs in Dutch-influenced gravy with chips

In other exciting news, the heating is on!

But at the same time, the radiators have been turned down because I don't need them yet. The only reason I've put it on is that I washed the bathmat today, but couldn't dry it because the machine kept stopping during the drying cycle on the grounds it was unbalanced (code E23). So I've had to drape the mat on the towel rail in the bathroom to dry, and that's the only bit of the heating system I need to get warm

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with a new episode of Police Interceptors

And then S1E2 of The Royle Family in which they have tea and watch telly before gathering at the living room window to watch the neighbours over the road looking out of the window at somebody's new secondhand car

And in the midst of all this, I finally sorted out some bits I'd been having trouble with on the SwiftUI app

Getting an early night now. While it's been hot, I've been opening the blind in the bedroom to help airflow. But that means the sun has been, if not fully waking me, at least disturbing the last hour or two of sleep; so I won't do that tonight and will ensure I get a good eight hours

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey start out, with light rain expected, although it doesn't seem to have started yet. Currently 13°C with a high of 19° predicted, and the barometers are down a little but still fairly high at 1008/1016mB

It's hard to tell because I'm asleep when it happens, but I feel like I'm getting a very good night's sleep on the new mattress

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Another example of The Second Sleep. it gets the book read I suppose. .

Was originally strangely chilly, then, having pulled up the duvet, woke to find myself in a lather of sweat at 04:00.

Can't fecking win.

Grey.

Dark

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Cool in here at 20.5 deg, 22.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of July 2019: see yesterday.

The recycling engineers took away the 2006 & 2007 volumes of Electronics World. They'll not be missed.

Lunch: baked potato etc.

Entertainment: finishing off "Nuclear War Atlas".

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

A Randolph Scott epic with Lee Marvin & Ernie Borgnine that I've watched before.

Tea: chilli con carne. etc.

Entertainment: More of "Open Verdict". The interweb has arrived since 1990 giving one oodles of rabbit holes to disappear down. One of those mentioned therein became a writer of rabbit holes all on his own: the now rather late Joe Vialls. But he did die unexpectedly of a heart attack, so, 'nuff said & all that. .

JoP. JoP.

Bit of Classic Films "Brighton Rock". Don't like that one much so I read book instead.

Ghosts US. The party girl who sleeps in the attic wakes up. (IIRC she was murdered with a chainsaw).

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E2 Mercedes SL55 V8 AMG. The Tub o'Lard likes them apparently. Watched with the subtitles & the audio off.

Repeat of Trucking Hell S6.

Skin A&E on 5*+1.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2023, 20:50.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny with wispy fluff. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer steady at 1022 mBar.

Slept very heavily and felt groggy on being woken up by the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've got the .com, .net and .org as well
                  You should get the .wtf too

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Was originally strangely chilly, then, having pulled up the duvet, woke to find myself in a lather of sweat at 04:00.

Can't fecking win.
                    Same situation here - it's just a bit too chilly for making do with just the duvet cover, but too warm even for the thin duvet

I'm hoping it'll cool down a bit further in there by tonight, though.

Lunch: chicken and barley soup with a crust of wholemeal. Very nice, though I made the portions too big when I froze it, so it was very filling

Raining off and on here

Comment

Big Sainsbury's has been gone to and the shopping done

I wanted to get it out of the way this evening as the Radio 2 thing in the park is this weekend. That means no parking in the roads around here without a temporary resident's permit, so any people from here who park on the road for some reason will probably be parking inside instead. If I'd gone tomorrow evening, there's a chance I would have got back and found no spaces free; and I think there'll be various road closures over the weekend that would make heading in that direction impractical at best

On the way back, I stopped off at the chip shop, so tea has been cod & chips

They only charged me for the cod; I assume they're doing a special offer. Either that or it was a new girl who won't pass her probationary period, but I'm pretty sure I've seen her there before, and she seemed to know how to handle a scoop and wrap chip paper round stuff, so I wasn't going to question her competence

Comment

Working...
                      X