• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It seems like a very convoluted way to get from A to A
    This does not surprise me: LMs HWMBO cooks his chips three times before consumption... 35 minutes in the oven at 200oC does me.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

35 minutes in the oven at 200oC does me.

Comment

Find 14m in air fryer is enough for my french fries. Never use me cooker any more.

Arty thing with old ladies today. Mostly just me and my little puppet parrot at mo. as ll1 is in US with her daughter, ll3 is up North and ll2 not up to walking at mo.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 1 August 2023, 19:41.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea tonight was a pork cutlet with chips and beans

A bit careless of me to end up having chops etc. two nights in a row, albeit lamb yesterday, but that's how the use-by dates turned out

The opal hunters had moderate degrees of success as they approached the ends of their various seasons. And then Secrets of the London Underground had a bunch of stuff about driver training in simulators, some hidden features of Oval station, and various other bits

And finally, a new Police Interceptors

Time for bed now. I opened the blind in the bedroom last night by way of experiment, and as a result was woken by the dawn's early light at half five this morning. I managed to get back to sleep, but I haven't felt properly rested all day

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and intermittently drizzly day out there, expected to continue in the same vein into the afternoon. Currently 16°C, an expected high of 19°, and the barometers are well down at 973/981mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Was dark now sunny.

Wet. Very wet.

Windy.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

982.5 mBar, 29.01 in Hg, 736.9 Torr, 14.25 psi, (down from 989 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of July 2019 Phil the Greek was suggesting bare knuckle fights between forum members in the grounds of Buck House for the amusement of tourists, while NF was enjoying sausage in soft white rolls for lunch, and covbob was finding scope difficult to define.

Whilst today my favourite presenter Amol fecking Rajun is spouting away on the ARBBC. At the current rate of progress he'll be presenting everyfecking thing 24/7/365 before much longer.

This morning's dream before waking was set in a version of the ST(tm) universe with a time travel effect having changed the design of the Enterprise(tm) into a sort of cotton reel while the Borg had yet to discover Terra but were lurking about in the background. I was glad to wake up. Less pleased to doze again & find the dream continued unbidden.

In other news I seem to have worked rather too hard yesterday & can barely move today..

Freecell score in the endless drizzle: 73%, running average: 86% (85.52% & decreasing). Well it was 43% at one stage.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted not so thick crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of not so toasted toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S10 E1 Numbers.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86% (85.519%, see? it's going down).

Tea: Mr Brains faggots with peas & suchlike, the last of the peach slice, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. <click> Then the book.

Joy of Painting. . This one was about how to unpaint something then paint something else on top. Fairly effective

Joy of Painting. S12. Not so much in the way of and a rather uninneresting almost monochrome offering.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Repeat.

Dr Pimple Popper: Chap with a large lipoma on the right side of his neck. Woman with several cylindromas. Chap with rhinophyma.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2023, 22:18.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all, Budapest calling, local time 1101

Sunny with some high level wispy fluff as well as lumpy fluff. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 28 expected.

Having breakfast looking out over the city. Life is hard sometimes

Comment

Cool, overcast, but surprisingly bright this morning.

A few bits and bobs to do today: haircut, pick up prescription for new glasses, fix a leaky toilet, try to stop the boy using another bag of icing sugar for cakes.

Might manage two out of the four.

Time will tell.

New router arrived yesterday, so I also have to reconnect all the devices. Should really have a fixed internal network by now, but I'm too lazy, so I just keep having to rejig everything when I get a new supplier or upgraded kit.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch has been "sweet and smoky" chicken breast pieces in a white bap, with a bag of plain crisps

Quite nice, but I think I prefer the variants with a bit more zing when it comes to these pre-flavoured chicken bits

There was a bit of sun earlier and then there were a couple of drizzly showers. Currently dry, mostly cloudy, and a bit breezy judging by the shimmying of the trees

Comment

Darn it. Me little van in for service and garage says that both rear springs are broken. Can't understand how I didn't notice anything. If it wan't the village garage I've used for years I'd be suspicious. Anyway, it's still raining so probably no walkies today.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X