• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch today was Heinz tomato soup with white toast

Lots of reorganising of the project has been going on, as they've realised that various aspects of transitioning the department to the new system hadn't really been planned for. The end result is that I'm no longer moving to the new project, but will be stuck with this one for the foreseeable future. Whether or not there'll actually be as much development work as they think there may be remains to be seen

More importantly, from my point of view right now: I need to take five days off in seven weeks (including this one), then take two full weeks off at Christmas, in order to use up the leave I've accrued. So I think I shall have a few four-day weeks

Comment

Tea: oniony sausage casserole with chips and peas

Comment

Missed a trick today. The PM at soon-to-be-ex clientCo thought my last day was Friday this week, not Thursday next week. Damn my reflex honesty.

Much Trucking Hell has been watched. I think I'm pretty much up to date on Season 7 now.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was the two parts of Conviction: Murder in Suburbia in which Inside Justice look into the case of a convicted murderer who claims he's innocent. I'd seen the other series of this, but missed this one which is from a few years ago

And I got a bit of SwiftUI tinkering done earlier

I also put together a spreadsheet to track the leave situation; it's a pain to calculate because any time working accrues some more, and I wanted to be sure I had my figures right, and it turned out to be very straightforward to do. I was right about having five days to take before Christmas, so assuming nothing turns up that requires my presence on Friday, tomorrow will be the end of the working week for me

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Clearing up a little after a rainy night, but still with lots of layers of cloud all around. It seems calm too, and a glance at the rainfall radar suggests we're just in the eye of the storm; so there may be showers throughout the day as it swirls around us, getting heavier in the afternoon and evening as it moves east and we end up in one of the spiral arms. Currently 9°C with an expected high of 11°, and the barometers are way down at 949/956mB, as you'd expect

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Rubbish news day. It's official: Mum has Alzheimer's.

Morning.

Thursday.

Wet.

Breezy rather than windy.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.4 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

965 mBar, 28.496 in Hg, 723.8 Torr, 13.996 psi, (up from 964 mBar at 06:30, 967 mbar at 23:30 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of July 2019 it was hot and getting hotter, I finished reading "Blood toil tears & sweat" by Len Deighton, and NF was even hotter whilst writing stuff for zip file wizardry.

Trip to Port Talbot for the latest nanobot update done & dusted, 87 bus & 87 bus back.

The 87 goes places I haven't been in five decades and takes an age to do it. And it was cold. And I was inadequately dressed for the circumstances of wearing a tshirt instead of a shirt.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Cows Are Mad E9: bones. As in bone meal. As in any old bones from any old where. As in bones picked from rivers by bone pickers. As in homo sapiens type bones. And next: mad deer disease, presumably including mad elk disease.

974mBar at 14:23.

Well there's a thing:

https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/...n-white-sugar/

Bones (as in bone char) used to filter sugar. Who'd have thunk?

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 100%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli con carne (final portion) etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>.

Wheeler Dealers S6 E17&18: Landrover Discovery: MOT ran out September 2013.

The Art of Film: Ealing Studios.

Trucking Hell S7 E15.

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E9 Mitsubishi Shogun. 4 grand for a 30 year old 4WD? Madness.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3336682113287649

Who said electric cars are new?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2023, 18:28.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                Currently coming out of the eye of the storm.
                Pressure dropped to 949.88 around 4am, but has climbed to 960.04
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp. Apparently foggy according to my weather app (it isn't). Currently 11 degrees and that's the high for the day. Rain forecast after lunchtime. Barometer down to 959 mBar.

Didn't notice much of the storm over my way last night.

Bed stripped and airing. Linen in the WM.

Comment

Couldn't work out why an API endpoint was returning a malformed chunk of data (a single item wrapped in a list rather than just the item) yet no tests were failing. Digging deeper, it turned out the superfluous list had been added deliberately, for reasons I fail to understand, and the related test was explicitly checking that it was there. So somebody (not me, for a change) was labouring under a huge misapprehension earlier in the year

Fixed it, the test broke, fixed the test, and all is well

In other news, nobody has a problem with me taking tomorrow off, so I will

Comment

Raining a bit heavier now, wind picking up.
                      Pressure up to 965.8 and rising almost as fast as it dropped yesterday.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X