• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's gone dark again

I was thinking of going to Sainsbury's, but I don't need much and a check of the ClientGov calendar shows that I have very little time appointed for interaction with others tomorrow. So I shall take an early lunch break and just go to the nearer but not as big Sainsbury's in daylight

Comment

I was thinking of going to Sainsbury's
      I just did. No ***** raspberries again! And no Edam cheese.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been beef & Guinness casserole with chips and peas

Accompanied by an old episode of Police Interceptors because I couldn't be bothered to think of anything else to watch

Comment

Just sorted out the kitchen bin, but I can't be bothered to carry the bag all the way over to the bins on a chilly evening like this. So I'll stick it out on the landing for the staff to take away in the morning

Comment

No further telly tonight. Instead, I got some work done on stuff that might help fix the forum's CloudFlare timeout problem, though I don't know when we'll get to deploy it; it works on my machine, but I would expect the powers that be to want to do some slightly more thorough testing of it first

And then I read more of Pax, in which Judaea fell and Jerusalem was sacked and razed to the ground, allowing Vespasian to finally enter Rome in triumph as its new emperor

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, though it will get a bit clearer towards lunchtime. Currently just 5°C and not getting past 9°, and the barometers continue downwards at 980/988mB

Friday!

Sadly, this is one of those weeks when I have to work today. I'm thinking of working the next couple of Fridays too, to save more leave up for Christmas, but I'll see how I feel

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc. Timesheet day

After tipping it down earlier, it's now CBS.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

...anyone else find that Globle has stopped working?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Damply dry after the overnight deluge.

Chilly in here at 14.2 deg, 13.5 in the kitchen, 11.5 in the leanto.

994 mBar, 29.353 in Hg, 745.56 Torr, 14.42 psi, (up from 991 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 60% RH (Lidl electric).

It went tits up so we'll never know WTF else happened on the 26th of July 2019.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Broke the scarf out of the vac pack to keep my neck warm.

It seems to have shrunk a lot since I washed it before packing it away.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some bollox on R4 about two people arguing about the topic of the moment. <click> Naturally one of them sounds as if he's not innerested in ladies & rather left of Korbin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POLeInApLdE

I wonder where that mine was, Llandarcy is visible in the distance.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86% (85.833%).

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E5 Triumph Stag: Red one: scrap from 2009. White one: MOT until next year.

Ghosts E6. EOS.

Swedish Customs thing. More Frog Fat?

Bits of "Enemy of the State (1998)".

Thing about Zeppelins & their shooting down during WWI. Plus a 1915 incendiary bomb. And tracer bullets.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 November 2023, 23:49.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright. Damp from earlier rain. More rain expected up to lunchtime with a chance of a sunny afternoon. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 10 forecast. Barometer down to 994 mBar.

Just trying to get my final time sheet signed for the old job so I can invoice for my last few days. For some reason a file I've sent every week for nearly 18 months doesn't open today.

Spent most of the morning fixing the laptop I use for client work. Decided to reset it to scrub out all the crud that microtulipe litters it with only to get a OOBEEULA error. Most perceived wisdom said that I should create an installation disc and rebuild from scratch. One site said, you can launch regedit and add a registry key to tell windoze you have seen the EULA. I did this and it worked. Then I had to make OneDrive understand that it was wrong in its assumption that there was no internet connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X