• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry and sunny, mostly clear sky. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Barometer is up to 1005 mBar.

Had a lovely day out yesterday, started in Soho at Bébé Bob and then moved onto Lyaness where we met with our severely hungover friends. Managed to stay at our table for over 5 hours, which is usually unheard of in London.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 22 October 2023, 09:11.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy in a fluffy sort of way with sunny spells today, so a bit different to the unremitting greyness we've had recently. Chance of showers, though. Currently 12°C and not getting any higher than 13°, while the barometers continue their journey back up at 993/1001mB

In medical news, my right arm has become very painful accompanied by some kind of weakness in, I think, one specific upper arm muscle, which makes it hard to do various tasks; for example, I had to pour the kettle with my left hand, as my right was incapable of tipping it far enough. I hope this is something to do with the recent vaccinations and not a permanent state of affairs

And the Pick'n'Mix shenanigans on the TV has resulted in the abrupt removal from the schedule of the rubbish I used to watch on Sunday afternoons, replaced by stuff that's too rubbish even for me

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties. Very nice

Comment

Scotch broth and a couple of slices of wholemeal for tea

Comment

Earlier viewing in the absence of the usual nonsense was classic Sunday TV stuff: The Cruel Sea (1953), which is back on iPlayer

And later, the C5 Gloucestershire police thing, followed by several episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

There's high, thin cloud out, but the sun seems to have made it far enough up to find a gap, making it reasonably bright out. Chillier than it has been though: just 8°C at the moment, soaring to 14° later. The barometers are up a little more at 997/1005mB

Whatever's wrong with my arm is still wrong but not quite as bad, so I shall just have to hope it continues improving rapidly, I suppose

Comment

Morning all
                Grey and murky out.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Drily damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 15.9 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto, 12.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.53 psi ( down from 1003 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the dry deluge which began 10 minutes in & got heavier.

Telex machine glittering in the darkness off the Tannhauser Gate.

Meanwhile on the 20th of July 2019 NF reckoned that Leicester may be closing down whilst I watched a thing about Tecwyn Roberts of Apollo fame: that's A-OK.

Cottons pegged out on the line: blowing well.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y scams <click> The Thing about Mad Cows at 13:45. Can we trust the govermint? Course not, especially with that Mad Cow in charge thereof.

Who'd have thunk that pumpking the liquor from bits of dissolved Mad Cows down a well into an aquifer was in any way a Bad Idea?

Or that stuffing a beefburger into the mouth of one of your unfortunate children was a Bad Idea, Seldom Glummer?

Cottons in off the line & awaiting the iRon.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 38 back.

Cottons duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Purely by chance I found this which I've not seen before:

Wheeler Dealers S6 E1&2 Triumph Spitfire MkIV (or V).

This page from Piston Heads shows the rear bumper a decade later:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...1264636&i=1580

Abandoned Engineering: Lake County Gaol with first woman sheriff, Butch & Sundance in Bolivia, some scumbag in Martinique.

The Union thing with David Olusoga. For some reason Ozymandias sprang to mind during this, especially during the Ravenscraig bit:

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
                  Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
                  The lone and level sands stretch far away.
                  Except instead of sand it's shrubland over concrete foundations.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 October 2023, 21:20.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

'Moring. A quick duck in, hello, and duck out as things are a bit busy with new client.

Cold, crisp, and bright. It's going to be a super day for an Autumn walk... if one were not stuck at one's desk bashing out nonsense for pennies.

Babet was a bit limp over on the West, so nothing over the past few days to report.

Hope that all are well.

Laters...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Odd coincidence. Did Wordle and the DT Plusword and both have the same answers. Had a dream this morning that my old uni mate got hit by a car, hope there's nowt in all this prediction stuff. I do have the same birthday as Nostradamus.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X