• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls

Very sunny out, and up to 25°C

Comment

Very warm, but overcast today. Muggy might be the word for it.

First interview in a while out of the way. Quite please with how it went, but one is never sure of these things. Needed the practice though.

Quite bored now... you might be able to tell... :innocent face:

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Muggy here too.

Popped out at lunchtime to drop a check off from HMRC into my Mum's bank account. She got a £23 income tax refund. Why HMRC can't pay these things direct into people's bank accounts is beyond me.

Apparently the micro-managing from the 'agile delivery coordinator' is because that's how you work as a team.

I think I might pop to Tesco later and see if I can get a shelf-stacking job.

Comment

Just treated myself to a jam sandwich (blackcurrant, thanks for asking). Lovely, not had one for while.
          Last edited by wattaj; 10 August 2023, 15:39. Reason: Poor speillng.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Still sunny and warm here, but not muggy

Comment

The opal hunters were much of a muchness today

And then I went down an Apple Developer video rabbit hole on the subject of concurrency in Swift and SwiftUI

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, but still warm from yesterday at 18°C; it's expected to remain rather cloudy, but get up to 24° later. It'll also be quite windy this afternoon. The barometers are down a little at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with patches of blue. Dry and unlikely to rain. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down a snifter to 1019 mBar.

Tired. Fed up. TFIF.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 20.9 deg, 22.5 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 Xogg was attempting to decypher some messages he'd left himself & disposing of ancient spices from the spice rack, whilst there was discussion of assorted drugs of addiction.

Lunch (half an hour after doing the breakfast dishes): scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S10 "Deception": lies, damned lies, & statistics.

I lied. It's S11.

My big lawn duly mown in the heat of the afternoon, along with the lawn belonging to the magnificently embosomed one next door but one, feck me it was hard work with the mower bin being full after one half stripe coz the grass was ridiculously long.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E15, no Rory.

Tea: soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a yog, the last of the pear halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

PM. It's waffling on about the pub that burned down weeks after being sold. . Wonder where that pile of rubbish blocking the access came from. .

Joy of Painting. . Curiously we've gone from S12, not to S13, but to S6.

Joy of Painting. .

'Tis very sad what happened to Bob Ross & his family.

Dial 999 E32 "Living Loot". Kidnap case.

More bollox on Blaze: Strangest Things: the only inneresting bit was the Ball of Towie, Scotland, and the Egyptian Cat Mummy which wasn't.

What on Earth?: narrator the irritating **** from Ancient Aliens. Minorly inneresting thing about Chinese dish antennas in Argentina. The Nan Madol islands. It's been on Ancient Aliens. Dracula's mounds, Transylvania.

The magic disappearing house:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6279...8192?entry=ttu

First it's there, then it isn't.

Got a bottle of beer and a pot plant for mowing next door but one's lawn. Which was more than I've got from either next doors this year.

1 bucket of apples (that's 50.5 now) and a third of a bucket of pears, now that the jackdaws have moved on to the pear tree.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2023, 17:07.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nice and warm out. Had a potch about in the back garden while waiting for my mini baguette to bake and cool down enough to eat.

Lunch has been baguette with cheese, ham and tomato. With a touch of mustard.

Comment

Working...
                      X