• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Tuesday.

Seem to have slept like a log after yesterday's exertions.

Wet.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21.6 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30.002 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of June 2019 I attended a lecture in the old Library on the history of the Jews in Neath & Swansea, there being very few here now, while NF was unimpressed by Terminator Salvation, whereas WTFH managed to slice a chunk of skin off his face whilst shaving.

It's not drizzling anymore. It's pissing down now.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%. I thought the recent 100% success rate was about to end. Twas 25% at one point. .

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more lying politicos on TWATO. I've decided I hate them all, regardless.

Freecell score: 100% (of 20), running average: 85% (85.444%).

One of the Vaxen has broken: rubber band on the bar broke. Loads of screws to undo to get it in bits.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E2. No Rory. It was the one with the propane tanker near Loogabaroo.

Tea: liver & bacon with onion gravy (overcooked the broccoli), the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. T6o'CN.

Joy of Painting very strong in this one.

Joy of Painting

The Human Stain S1 E11: Time-check. Melvin Hayes, It ain't very hot mum. Warren Mitchell, silly old mooless.

Maigret: I think this one's a repeat. S1 E1 (1991) The burglar's wife. And next week is S1 E2 The Flemish Shop.

Megadisasters on BlazeAbandoned Engineering: Peleliu.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2023, 08:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. A nice breeze wafting about. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Likely to get cloudier as the day progresses. There might be an overnight shower. Barometer just squeaked up a bit to 1023 mBar.

Tired this morning. Awoke sometime in the 4 am hour. Tried to get back to sleep but my bladder had other ideas. Dozed a bit. Listened to Farming Today. Dozed a bit more and slept best just as the alarm went off.

Comment

Lunch has been Heinz tomato soup with seedy bloomer toast. Very nice

There's an ambulance parked beneath my living room and kitchen windows, next to the Corolla. Hope they aren't here for me

Comment

Are you still with us, NF?

I have mowed the lawn so tomorrow I can do laundry and put it out on the line without worrying a passing wildebeest will make off with it, having mistaken my garden for a savannah and taken a wrong turn.

Comment

I also attacked the wisteria that survived the great pruning.

And found some bamboo that was having ideas and needed putting in its place (the bin). Who the effing hell thinks planting bamboo in a tiny back garden is a good idea? My landlady's late mother, it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Are you still with us, NF?
              Yes, they went away again

I think there's somebody in the other half of the block who's persistently unwell, as the paramedics seem to be over that side quite often lately. Possibly an elderly person? There's more than one of those around here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I also attacked the wisteria that survived the great pruning.

And found some bamboo that was having ideas and needed putting in its place (the bin). Who the effing hell thinks planting bamboo in a tiny back garden is a good idea? My landlady's late mother, it turns out.
                At least it wasn't pampas grass

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

At least it wasn't pampas grass

Comment

Burger and fries for tea, being one of those nice steak & caramelised onion ones, in a toasted sesame seed bap with sweet chilli sauce

Comment

Felt tired this morning but decided I'd go late to arty thing. Then, as ll1 is away for 6 weeks, ll2 suggested we went for a walk. Rather cheered me up and on way back she ran into a much younger friend of hers and we all went for a coffee. Sitting opposite a growly younger lady with very visible cleavage cheered me up even more!
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X