• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The WifeTM has just sent me a link to a house for sale.
    It's our old one in Surrey and is on for about 8% more than we sold it for over 2 years ago.
    The video tour and some of the photos are from when we put it on the market, and there's no photos of the new kitchen he put in (so we've been told). Outside, he's pulled most of the shrubs out of one of the flower beds, got rid of a shed that was only a couple of years old, and done some other work. I suspect he's spent more on it than he'll get back.
    Always interesting to see what people do with places. After I sold my flat, I noticed it up for sale looking exactly the same as when I sold it 3 years earlier. Similarly with my house, I think all they did was a coat of paint in living room but otherwise it was identical. Neither sale returned what I got on them.

I guess, one day, I'll return to home ownership but I much prefer the lack of maintenance that comes with renting.

Comment

Yes I find it inneresting what people do with ex houses. .

Never sell to relatives.

In this case they've done feckall to finish off what they were practically given.

In fact I put up the curtain rails for the idle pair.

And disposed of nigh on a dozen binbags, 60 litres of expired food, and loads of other crap.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 April 2023, 18:22.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been my special recipe mango BBQ ribs with chips. Very nice they are, and I really should make them more often

Comment

HarryTH was outside the summerhouse 15 minutes ago.

Anyway, TFBSZ.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

New series of Uncanny on BBC Sounds Lots more nonsense about ghosts and other phenomena.

Also, new series of Just A Minute. Sue Perkins is doing a pretty good job of filling the late Nicholas Parsons' shoes.

Comment

The car earlier was the Syrena from Poland we've seen before, which must still be in the museum they sold it to as it's SORN with no MOT since 2018. And the gold diggers continued with their mid-season not-much-happening.

Later, the final two episodes of S1 of Severance. Ends on a cliffhanger, so I suppose I'll have to watch S2 when it arrives

And then I read the first chapter of Ra by qntm. I find the premise intriguing: our present-day world, but magic is real and is an established field of engineering; "It's what's next after electricity"

It's raining again

But it's Maundy Thursday tomorrow, so almost the long weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Also, new series of Just A Minute. Sue Perkins is doing a pretty good job of filling the late Nicholas Parsons' shoes.
                Oh, thanks. I'll need to listen.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies here

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day here, currently 9°C and heading for 12°, while the barometers are down at 999/1007mB. The rain should peter out by lunchtime, but it'll be a windy afternoon

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, damp from overnight / early morning rain. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 13. Further precipitation expected from mid-afternoon onwards. Barometer descended to 1013 mBar.

Tired this morning. Slept through the first half hour of my radio alarm, missing much of R4's witterings and came to at the 8am pips. Then dozed for a while longer.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And then I read the first chapter of Ra by qntm. I find the premise intriguing: our present-day world, but magic is real and is an established field of engineering; "It's what's next after electricity"
                      I keep hearing about qntm and keep thinking I ought to investigate as the premise of the books sounds right up my street. Thank you for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                      X