• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc.

The normal Friday meetings have been replaced with one looking at environmental impact, and without some of the senior management wanting 50,000ft summaries, I’ll be getting down into the weeds and doing rather than talking.

I was hoping that three other teams would have been delivering their parts by today, but since they are all off-line, then I do my bit and it highlights their delays further.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday. Oh good. It's been such a busy week. .

Dry.

Frosty.

CBS.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.6 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.312 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of May 2019 there were 7 days to go, a last building stuff frenzy was ongoing (quite why considering the results remain in a cardboard box unfinished), NF was contemplating more tidying of the living room, WTFH was in that Scotland, and Brillo was expecting a Bad Day, though Black Rock wasn't mentioned.

Walk (unabbreviated for the first time in ages) walked in the sunshine, sufficiently warm that the scarf was left at home for the first time since November.

Lunch: Morrisons carrot & parsnip soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, marmalade on slice of toast, bramble jelly on 2 slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: whatever the last 15 minutes of Not Y&Y was. TWATO.

I may cook this afternoon since there's no bol or chilli left.

Next batches of bol & chilli duly cooked.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

To my utter shock & horror: no Wheeler Dealers this evening. How can this be so?

Now watching some Blaze nonsense about Christ's DNA off the Turin Shroud. This is even more battulip crazy than the Oak Island Nutjobbery, the Skinwalker Ranch, or any number of Ancient Aliens bollox.

They've got the tooth of St. John apparently, from some reliquary found on an island in the Med.

Feck me.

I must say that yesterday evening's offering of Wheeler Dealers: Dream Cars didn't float a boat for me. No mechanicking merely MB trading car after car after car until he has enough money to buy whatever heap of crap turns out to be someone's dream.

Having finished the Tamnavulin double cask it's now on to Redbreast 12 year old. Having seen the price I may move on to something cheaper.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85% (85.227%).

Entertainment: Dial 999 "Old Soldiers sometimes die". With Bill Fraser of "Bootsie & Snudge" fame. (You have to be ancient to remember that).

Red Dwarf: the first 3 million years.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2023, 20:16.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and a clear blue sky out, currently 8°C and aiming for 13°, while the barometers are up at 1009/1017mB

A pretty decent night's sleep was had. I raise the blind in the bedroom a bit and was awoken around 3am by the full moon shining directly onto my face; so at least I now know that works, it presumably having been cloudy at that phase of the moon for the last few months

Much rushing around so far today preparing for the journey south. Well, not rushing so much. But I've quickly ironed the worst of the creases out of the shirt and jeans I'll be wearing for the occasion, and have made coffee and a toasted buttered hot cross bun for breakfast

Comment

My brother has gotten to the bottom of the "my best friend stole my stuff" debacle with my Mum.

The spirit level that was "borrowed" was simply my godmother picking up what my Dad had borrowed from her late husband (he's been dead 4 years!) as she needed it for something she was doing with her fence.

She never took a knife and sharpener out of Mum's knife block so the gap in the knife block is either because there was always a gap (and, TBH, I wouldn't have noticed if that was the case) or Mum has put those items somewhere.

In better news, I think I'm about ready to submit a huge wodge of paperwork to the Irish Foreign Birth Registration team to see if my brother and I will be allowed Irish passports. Just need some passport photos for both of us and to sweet talk my CID friend into signing loads of stuff.

Comment

Home again after the family gathering

I'm absolutely stuffed; a wonderful and very huge roast dinner got me a good way there. And then my sister had decided to offer us a choice of four possible desserts, in the form of two different kinds of cake and two different puddings. Challenge accepted, and I can confirm that all four were exceptionally good

Comment

Lots of Indian food ordered for dinner.

Watched the last two episodes of Season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale. All4 seems to be saying there's only 2 days left to watch. I hope that's not seasons 4 and 5 as I can't handle two seasons in two days.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Home again after the family gathering

I'm absolutely stuffed; a wonderful and very huge roast dinner got me a good way there. And then my sister had decided to offer us a choice of four possible desserts, in the form of two different kinds of cake and two different puddings. Challenge accepted, and I can confirm that all four were exceptionally good
                Managing four desserts is impressive. I would have needed fortifying roast potatoes in between each dessert

Comment

Quite nice liitle Good Friday thing round at next door neighbour's this morning.

Out with Loony lady 1 later. She is a sort of hindsight version of Nostradamus. Always saying "I had a feeling about that" after the event.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Lots of Indian food ordered for dinner.

Watched the last two episodes of Season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale. All4 seems to be saying there's only 2 days left to watch. I hope that's not seasons 4 and 5 as I can't handle two seasons in two days.
                    If you have Amazon Prime, it's on there

Comment

I'm not in need of a huge amount of sustenance this evening but some of my regular evening tablets are supposed to be taken with or after food, so I had a mixed charcuterie sandwich

For the record, the four dessert items this afternoon were:
                      • Sticky toffee pudding with custard
                      • Banana and chocolate muffin
                      • Raspberry pavlova
                      • Rice Krispie cake (but made with Mars bars rather than just chocolate)

Comment

Working...
                      X