• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Thursday.

Damp.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 13.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884343 in Hg, 759.06 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of May 2019 NF couldn't be bothered to tidy up more, Xogg was butted in the butt by a sheep, NF watched "Magnum Force" whilst I watched another ep of "Jeremiah" and "The Hatton Garden Job".

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the increasingly grey gloom. It rained after I returned.

Lunch: Tesco pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gap Finders. Toast (the offshoot of Sliced Bread detailing techno crap).

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, mostly to avoid the inevitable trauma that will be shopping On A Bank Holiday. Tomatoes & daffs from M&S.

Freecell score: 94%, running average 85% (85.22%).

Tea: chilli con carne (last portion) with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E11 Lotus Elise: bought: £8k4, total: £11,550, sold: £13,250. Untaxed (not SORN) and MOT expired August 2021. . Changed the coilover shocks for racing adjustable versions, refurbed the wheels, new tyres, gas flowed the head, set the suspension for equal weight at all 4 corners.

The Saint Fagans thing Yng Nghymraeg with subtitles for the hard of understanding (me).

4 chinooks just flew over:

https://www.flightradar24.com/EASY30/2fcbe48a

. Currently over Dublin. Aerodrome Business Park. And that's it. I wonder wot they're up to.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co...Fg%2F119w5_7t5

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status...40588470153220

Ah. POTUS is paying a visit.

BBC4: Jet! When Britain ruled the Skies: well until the Comet started falling out of the sky. And the TSR2 was cancelled.

Sky Arts: The Directors: Martin Scorsese. I've seen some of his films.

Wheeler Dealers: Dream Car: Audi Q7. Or how to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2023, 21:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I keep hearing about qntm and keep thinking I ought to investigate as the premise of the books sounds right up my street. Thank you for the reminder.
      He wrote that short story Lena that I included in Monday Links a while ago - the one that's a Wikipedia entry about the first human brain image executable on a computer. That was my first encounter with his work, but it turns out he's been writing this stuff for years, often on collaborative sites like the SCP Wiki

Comment

Lunch has been a white bap containing mixed charcuterie: chorizo, salami, and a bit of prosciutto. I shall call this new invention the EuroBap™

Comment

Oh, and the other day another refund cheque that couldn't be paid in via the phone app turned up from Virgin Media. So earlier, I popped across town to pay that in at the machine in the bank, then popped up the road from there to have a haircut, then onwards and did a quick Easter shop at Sainsbury's

Comment

Timesheet done; let the long weekend commence!

Starting as I mean to go on with a bag of bacon crisps

Comment

Tea has been duck legs in a red wine, plum, and blackberry sauce (prepared for me in a large factory somewhere by Sainsbury's) with chips. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Timesheet done; let the long weekend commence!
                My time sheet was also done but no long weekend for me

Let the billing continue

Comment

Timesheet done, billing continuing.

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Lotus Elise; tax expired in August 2020 and MOT in 2021. It was bought by a bloke for his wife, so either he, or she, or both of them must have died of the plague

And the gold diggers carried on as usual.

Later: E1 of The Last of Us, which everybody has been raving about recently. It seems pretty good, but apparently it gets better

And then I read another chapter or so of qntm's Ra

Early night now as I'm bound southwards for a family gathering tomorrow. This usually happens on Easter Sunday, but one of my nieces has to work then. TBH I prefer it being tomorrow, as then I get three clear days without any disruption of my plan of doing very little

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with occasional wisps, dry. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer up again to 1021 mBar.

I tried to get today's stand up cancelled because there's only going to be 2-3 people working but the new ADC assigned to our 'pod' insisted it goes ahead. I think she's going to be trouble as she's put in a load of agile ceremonies that we generally don't bother doing. The product manager and I tend to have a relaxed attitude to agile - we do a fortnightly planning session, get the team to agree the scope for the next sprint and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X