• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

The other day, an item of post arrived (a ladies' clothing catalogue) for an address a couple of streets away. I wasn't sure why it had ended up here until I realised that in the incoming part of the postcode, it had the same digit as mine and the two letters were shifted one character to the right on a QWERTY keyboard. So somebody at the sorting office has placed their hands on the keyboard one key off, and who knows how many bits of post went to the wrong place as determined by the arrangement of the keyboard

Anyway, the road it should have gone to is only round the corner near the park and the house is near this end of it, so I popped round and put it through their door. And continuing on brought me to the bakery, where I was able to get a couple of sausage rolls for lunch

And as I was out and about and it was only a few yards further, I popped into Sainsbury's Local for some hot cross buns

Sunny out but it still feels a bit chilly. Pleasant enough despite that, though

Comment

Millie is back home from her cremation.

lots of and going on here.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

It's a beautiful sunny afternoon. Just the sort of weather to sit inside with the curtain drawn to reduce screen glare.

Lunch was provolone cheese and porchetta in a warmed piadina flat bread

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Afternoon coffee, accompanied by a hot cross bun, toasted and buttered

While I was preparing that, a pigeon and a magpie flew down onto roughly the same bit of the lawn. Then a whole load more pigeons swooped down. I thought for a moment they were having a go at the magpie, but that seemed a bit taken aback and managed to make its way to another bit of the lawn, while the pigeons all seemed to have a big scrap among themselves. No idea what was going on there

Comment

So the staff are clearly bored in this Air France lounge at CDG - they are wandering around handing people glasses of champagne.

you usually have to walk to a bar to get some.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    So the staff are clearly bored in this Air France lounge at CDG - they are wandering around handing people glasses of champagne.

you usually have to walk to a bar to get some.
                    Oh the humanity! I hope you and Mrs eek are coping well with such hardship

Comment

It’s so hard - I’ve just booked flights on May 5th to ensure we avoid all the coronation rubbish.

I do love KLM where a trip to Paris via Amsterdam is cheaper than going to Amsterdam itself
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X