• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Warm in here at 23.6 deg, 25 deg in the kitchen, 23 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.562 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of June 2019 NF had sausage in soft white rolls for lunch and dhansak for tea, whereas I was gadding about at some sort of partyish thing at "Charley's" for my ?retirement?, which the niece's then squeeze also attended (he didn't last very long), and WTFH had a month extension that he wasn't altogether pleased with.

Walk (abbreviated, alternate route in the reverse direction & augmented a bit) walked in the heaviness of the late morning.

Lunch: soup with toasted bread with the bluegreen bits removed (forgot to put half the loaf in the freezer), bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast with the bluegreen bits removed, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the latter half of "The unbelievable truth", followed by the Food Programme waffling on about French food.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, with 3/4 of the new loaf already in the freezer duly portioned up.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Highway Cops. NZ Motorway Patrol. The chap on that Honda Goldwing was lucky. As was the chap towing a caravan thing with a Ute.

The Black Death on 5+1.

This week's bottle is 10 year Jura single malt.

It's raining a little: a little what I'm not entirely sure.

My Dream derelict home in the sun: another pair who bought a chateau: happily not the hideous and apprently foul mouthed Angel, but rather a couple of chaps. They may be good with colours. .

NASA's unexplained files: the Apollo 17 photo showing a US military outpost on the moon. Well they had to keep up with that Hitler's outpost on the Far Side, now didn't they?

Book of Secrets with Lance Reddick: Area 51.

The unexplained with the WWWC: Genius.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2023, 18:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

High grey cloud layer but warm again. Currently 22°C, reaching 23° soon, and there's a 70% chance of rain most of the time between teatime and midnight; I assume this is showers like the heavy one that arrived as soon as I went outside yesterday, rather than the thunderstorms for which a warning remains in place. The barometers are decidedly down, at 997/1005mB

I awoke at eight and felt that was too early, awoke again at nine and figured there wasn't any urgency, and finally re-awoke at half eleven, which felt just about right

Comment

Nice relaxing bath had

Must be time for lunch…

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch, it turns out. Very tasty

Comment

Where's all this rain we're supposed to get? Tiny spots, scarcely noticeable so far. Ain't going to fill me water butts or top up my little froggy pond.

Bah! Planned walk earlier scuppered due to that damn London to Brighton bike thing.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Several pigeons are ambling around on the lawn, making the most of things before the rain arrives

The lightning map shows several clusters ten or fifteen miles southwest and southeast, though I'm not sure we'll get any more than some light showers. We shall see…

Comment

Scrub the light showers. Torrential downpour!

Comment

And now lightning

Comment

Tea: chicken scouse with some bits of white bloomer

The rain did its thing and has moved on, though I gather there may finally be some of those light showers passing through

Comment

Not a great deal of wet stuff here although probably just about topped up de butts. No lightning.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X