• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    A cool, but reasonably bright start to the day with patchy cloud cover. Hopeful for a bright afternoon.

Watched a gentle, if somewhat melancholy, tale called "Living" on Amazon Prime last night... old man reflects upon a life not lived in his final months. Followed up with a couple of episodes of "Unforgettable" to lighten the mood. Series 2 isn't much better that the first and the sameness is beginning to grate a bit, but I shall endure.

One week until the boy goes back to school.
    Yes Bill Nighy as a sad old man, some good acting.

Did anyone notice David Tennant playing Crowley in Good Omens ala Nighy's Love actually rock star?

Series 2 was good. Not for christians without a sense of humour.

Unforgettable is pure slush. its difficult to tell which episode you have watched.

Scorpion goes from strength to strength each episode more ridiculous than the last.

If you liked Unforgettable then try "the listener"
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good Omens was a very good adaptation of the book. I haven't seen S2, thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Yes Bill Nighy as a sad old man, some good acting.

Did anyone notice David Tennant playing Crowley in Good Omens ala Nighy's Love actually rock star?

Series 2 was good. Not for christians without a sense of humour.

Unforgettable is pure slush. its difficult to tell which episode you have watched.

Scorpion goes from strength to strength each episode more ridiculous than the last.

If you liked Unforgettable then try "the listener"
        Indeed, some very good acting.

General mood reminded me of having watched "Leaving Las Vegas" on the recommendations of a friend... sadly, I watched it whilst alone in my apartment in Sydney and hammered on Hahn... I would not recommend that experience. Grim.

I'm saving GO.S2 for when I need some good TV... probably not too much longer TBH as viewing is pretty rubbish at the moment.

I shall add "Scorpion" and "The Listener" to the backlog. Thanks.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch: a fish finger bap (chunky former, wholemeal latter) with red sauce. Very nice

Comment

I'm feeling very run down today for some reason. Tired, and a bit achy. Covid test is negative, but I've heard of several cases recently where people tested negative until two or three days after becoming symptomatic, so I shall test again tomorrow

It's possible it's just the crick in my neck from the other day disturbing my sleep though. It's a lot better than it was, but still a bit troublesome

Comment

Arty thing this AM, followed by walkies and drink in pub with loony lady 2.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been spag bol

I remembered as I was draining the spaghetti that my Mum taught me that bol recipe, probably when I was eighteen or nineteen. Mind you, I've tweaked it a lot to my own tastes over the years, but it's still fundamentally the same

Comment

Season 7 of Trucking Hell! Looks like 10 episodes that started airing in mid-June and have a couple more to go

Comment

The opal hunters tonight included a family in Mintabie who only have a couple of months left to work their land as the Australian government decreed that the town be closed, and all the non-indigenous people moved out. The programme glossed over the fact that this apparently harsh action only came about because many of the townsfolk were making a killing selling bootleg booze and drugs to the indigenous people thereabouts and had been given years to clean up their act, and didn't; so they all got booted out (well, are going to be, in this series). Anyway, this family (who hadn't found anything decent on their land in years) managed to find AUS$100K of opal in one go, which at least means they can afford to move (and will turn up in a later series living in Coober Pedy)

And then the Secrets of the London Underground people went to Leicester Square, which is a station I have a great fondness for as it's the one I used for my gigs at Yahoo! and then Capital Radio. Also featured: Hyde Park Corner, and various clocks and posters

And finally I managed to do a little reading around the topic that's currently holding up my SwiftUI project

Early night now in the hope of feeling a little less rough tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather Simpsonesque start out, and although it's still only the 12°C we've been getting at this time of day, it's expected to soar to 23° later. The barometers are a little bit up at 1005/1013mB

Comment

Working...
                      X